3 replies to this topic

#1 KezT

KezT

Mt Blanc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 30 July 2015 - 06:20 PM

Just recieved Son​'s report ready for his year 11 Annual Review today.  

In 2.5 years at Priory Group​ he has changed from a child who was out of school, often violent, and spent hours most days in a catatonic shut down to a "lovely, thoughtful, sensible young man", who is hard working and keen to help others.  He is described as "a great ambassador for the school"  Although there are obviously still issues to deal with I can't put into words how proud I am of him:)  The amazing academic results are a bonus too;)  

For those of you who don't know/remember, the fight to get him into the school lasted over a year, included having the whole family considered "at risk" by social services and very nearly broke us, even though we are a very strong family generally!  We went right to the wire with the Tribunal, and borrowed money to get the reports required as the LA didn't do any!  I spent almost every day in tears, and honestly contemplated a wide variety of awful scenarios.  

Since getting the place, we have regularly had to fight the LA to ensure they complied with his statement and provided suitable transport! BUT.......I have been totally and utterly proven right!  It was the right thing to do, it was the right place to go, and it was worth it!

The future is looking bright.  To anyone else out there going through this.  Never give up!

PS: A massive thank you to Sally who pretty much coached us through everything.  I couldn't have done it without you (I didn't even know there wrre ASD schools without you) and my son would now be another one of the governments statistics!

#2 trekster

trekster

Mt McKinley

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3600 posts
  • Interests:stamp collecting, cross stitching, playmobil, star trek, liverpool fc, computers

Posted 30 July 2015 - 08:02 PM

Congratulations and well done to your son.

#3 KezT

KezT

Mt Blanc

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 791 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:14 PM

RESULTS DAY!

1 × A*
4 x A
3 x B
1 x C

Not bad for a child who was considered unable to access education a few years ago:)

#4 trekster

trekster

Mt McKinley

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3600 posts
  • Interests:stamp collecting, cross stitching, playmobil, star trek, liverpool fc, computers

Posted 25 August 2016 - 10:23 PM

You both showed them we'll done. That's better grades than mine and I wasn't diagnosed at the time.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users