Sign in to follow this  
JenRose

Legoland

Has anyone been, ive heard that they will issue a pass for kids with disablilities.

Just wondering if anyone has any advice on whats good or what to avoid.

M is soooo excited and looking forward to it as he,s obsessed with lego!!!!

Thanks

hi we went here last year and it was brilliant the pass is really good you just go to the exit of every ride saves a lot of stress and they give you a disability leaflet which will tell you all about the rides and whats suitable just take some prof with you doctors note or dla document etc hope you enjoy elaine

You will have a brilliant time.Take your DLA letter (or preferably)a letter mentioning the diagnosis to Guest services and you will get stamps on your hands and can then access the rides via the exits.xx

We've got annual passes and go at least once a month as the kids love it! Be careful about whether or not it is a fireworks day though if fireworks are a problem, as I think most of the days now have got a display.

Oh....oh.....ohhhh.............. :D:bounce::bounce:

I'm not far from Lego land (bout 30 mins..) - we should arrange a 'gathering'. :ph34r: .............

Scare the Legoland employees :lol::lol::ph34r::bat::lol:

its shutting for the season at the end of Oct, so any gathering will have to be in the new year I'm afraid. But I'd be up for it, as I'm also near(ish) by.

But having said that, the Arts Centre in Windsor is showing Snow Cake on the 14 and 17th of Dec, so we could always have an xmas outing to the pictures?

Edited by zaman

Hi, we are going there too on thursday and staying in a hotel so we can go again on friday for the fireworks, ahve never been before so excited biut at the same time really hoping the rain will stay off.

Hope you have a nice time >:D<<'>

We are also near(ish) and have returned to Legoland this year after a 4 year break.

The older DS got, the more obvious it became that his behaviour was not just toddler tantrums and we had stopped putting him and ourselves through the stress.

Consequently my NTdaughter (4) had completely missed out. I took her to Legoland one day whilst DS was at school and she so enjoyed it. I asked if they did anything for AS children and they told me about the exit pass, so with much trepidation (the last theme park we visited was Black gang chine and DS overloaded and had a major meltdown and was carried kicking and screaming out of the park), we set out one Saturday.

The day was such a success, we bought annual passes and I wrote and thanked Legoland for their scheme which removed so much of the pressure from the day.

So confident was I feeling that I booked Eurodisney for 4 nights at Half term. Booked a disney hotel, so we could escape quickly if we needed to, booked for a few days so we didnt have to cram everything in, prepared DS in every way I could by showing dvd, printing pictures of the hotel and the room etc etc. Tried to check out on the internet if there was any such thing as an exit poass at Disney, but it didn't look promising.

Day 1 was am absolute disaster, meltdown's DS and H and almost divorced! (AGAIN)! Then I saw someone carrying a blue card to the exit of a ride and found out to my surprise, exit pass was available for DS.

Still wrapped up with the magic of it and both kids exhausted but with some treasured memories. :dance:

Hope you enjoyed it as much

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>