Sign in to follow this  
Flora

Monty Python

Just bought Bill the Life of Brian... and he's only 5 minutes into it and is splitting his sides laughing :lol:

I thought it was a gentle introduction into Python humour..... now that I know he 'gets it'... I'll get him the MP flying circus dvd to go with his Black Adder set for Christmas.

It's great when your kids start enjoying this sort of humour.... all three of mine love Fawlty Towers.... etc.

Flo' :D

:thumbs: Excellent - I love Python :clap:

I tried M with LOB......... got a look similar to this....... :huh::blink::huh::blink: ....... Think i'll leave it a few years! :lol:

:)

I can understand where M is coming from - I don't get it either :huh:

Just bought Bill the Life of Brian... and he's only 5 minutes into it and is splitting his sides laughing :lol:

I thought it was a gentle introduction into Python humour..... now that I know he 'gets it'... I'll get him the MP flying circus dvd to go with his Black Adder set for Christmas.

It's great when your kids start enjoying this sort of humour.... all three of mine love Fawlty Towers.... etc.

Isn't it lovely to hear them laugh! :P My J very rarely laughs at tv progs, but when I heard him chuckle one day I rushed in to see what he was watching and it was Mr. Bean cartoon!! Other cartoons he likes but he says it's funnier when I watch them with him because I laugh at them and then that makes him laugh as well, if he's on his own he hardly ever laughs. :P

He's an enormous Star Trek original series fan and we saw Futurama the other day, it did a ST ep. I was laughing like a drain at all the little in-jokes but it didn't raise a smile from him, he didn't get it at all! :lol:

~ Mel ~

:thumbs: Excellent - I love Python :clap:

I tried M with LOB......... got a look similar to this....... :huh::blink::huh::blink: ....... Think i'll leave it a few years! :lol:

:)

Smiley, I reckon a few years ago it would have been the same with Bill.... but he now has a well developed SOH, extremely sophisticated for his age and I'm always eager to encourage it...give it a few years and your little smiler may enjoy it too... Flo' >:D<<'> :D ....

Canopus... I do think that it depends how you look at it. If you're looking for offense or blasphemy then there's no doubt you will find it...not just in this movie but in every where we look... but in LOB the 'real' events are still going on in the background regardless of the hillarious farce which is the life of Brian....... for that reason I've never found it blasphemous or offensive; just very funny.

The first time I watched the LOB I was laughing my socks off. It is so funny.

I was watching the LOB at my residential school on a Saturday and the headmaster came into the room. He stopped the video and sent everybody in the room to his office on the grounds of watching indecent and offensive material. The punishment was no videos for the rest of term.

Excellent! One of L's favourite films is Monty Python and the Holy Grail. :)

I wasn't really a Python fan till I met my husband whose whole family were into it: he and his brother still quote the scripts non stop whenever they get together. :rolleyes:

K x

Similar sort of humour, I've got a Goons audio tape that I play in the car, only problem is I can't hear it because our DS is laughing so much and so loudly. Nice to hear him though. :lol:

THWOW HIM TO THE GWOUND, CENTUWION!! That STILL makes me laugh after god knows how many viewings! MP was always my fave python - he's just got one of those faces that makes you laugh... Cleese's delivery/Palin's timing & characterisations, what's not to laugh at?

Changing subject completely - Ben has been ploughing his way through all four series of 'Round The Twist' from the DVD hire shop... Don't know how many of you know these progs, or just how 'cheeky' they get, but ben has been creased up by stories about Magic Underpants, Whirling Willies, Water Sprites etc, with plenty of 'burp' and 'fart' jokes... if your kids like Dick and Dom, they'll love these!

Not sure Ben's ready for the P's yet, but the goodies are available on DVD as a much more 'entry level' alternative... Ben's favourites were 'Kitten Kong', 'Sex Education' and 'The Goodies and the beanstalk'

And remember...... he's NOT the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

L&P

BD :D

Similar sort of humour, I've got a Goons audio tape that I play in the car

OMG, first time i've heard anyone outside my family mention the goons, my dad has most of the audio tapes and i grew up listening to them!

i still get funny looks off my OH when i sing "jump into a dustbin and dance" to c or ask him if he's walking backwards to christmas LOL

spike milligan's a legend in his own right!

KJ

yingtong iddle ei po :lol:

:lol: Wow, what a hit this has been. He hasn't stopped talking about it, to the extent that 'Ben', who hasn't even seen it, is quoting bits of it too!