Sign in to follow this  
board

parents-dose the taxman owe you �1.500

hello if you had a child born between 1985 and 2003 you may may have missed a tax refund worth up to 1,500 answer yes to 3 of these questions q1 have a child born between april 6 1985 and april 5 2003 q2 work and pay tax or live with a parter who worked and paid tax between april 2001 and 2003 q3 did the highest earner in the family earn 6,000 +in one year or both years if you answened yes to 3 of the questions you need to phone the tax office or look on the web site i think you need a claim form (11ctc) hope this helps some of you allso i think there is 15 months left to cliam there was one woman who didnt know had a child in jan 2003 and got 800 pound all the best jill

My wife phoned our "local" tax office, only to be told by a stroppy woman that the form no longer exists and I'll have to write in instead... conspiracy, they are not giving us our money and brainwashing their workers.

Try this link http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/taxcredits/childrens-tax-credit.htm

Edited by Siadwell

After several fruitless phone calls they have advised me to write to the tax office detailed on my last p60 and ask for a review of the last 6 years tax. The form that is on the web site is no longer in existence. Well I'm off to write my letter now!!!!

Thank you for the tip! :D

When I 'phoned our local tax office requesting the form I was given this following number

0845 300 3900.

I gave him my address etc. and was told that they would post one out. Fingers crossed.

Gardenia.

P.S. We live in the north east of England I don't know if the above number is for all the country or our region.