Sign in to follow this  
UltraMum

*&^%$�$�$%% SENCo

We had a private EP go into school today to see J for a report for his review in January for his new statement for Secondary school. :)

The SENCo played the "I've only been in post since the start of this term" card - which is strange as she's been in post for over a year now .... :blink:

Then she told the EP she didn't know anything about Social Stories and could she recommend any books etc ... despite my having lent her Carol Gray's New Social Stories Book. :huh:

She also told her she'd like some info on Comic Strip Conversations as she hadn't heard of these ... she obviously didn't read our parental submission for J's review in May 2006 as we asked that these be used for J this year. :o

:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

PTL that the LSA's are more clued up and actually take notice of what we suggest and then act on it! :notworthy:

omg is this senco a stoner??? :wacko: sounds like they themselves have problems if this is what their memory is like.....i would talk to the head about this as its rediculous......in my own experience the LSA's are often far better at their job's than senco's, they seem to care a lot more about sen children........

Sounds like our old SENCO. Gives it all the talk to the professionals and pretends to be really interested, asking them to send her info on social stories etc. just to chuck it in the back of a cupboard somewhere without looking at it. She also had no time for parents, she didn't involve us at all and was quite "offish" with us but as soon as the EP or SALT came in she put on this smarmy, I'm so caring and helpful act.

Lisa

Roll on next year when he leaves this school :D .... although I may come back and edit this post once he's at secondary!!!! :lol::lol::lol: