LizK

School Assembly

It was Adam's class' turn to do the family assembly this week which was about autumn and spiders. Getting 30 four year olds to perform on task was a little nerve wracking for all involved! These things are a bit of a mystery to him but he did ever so well :clap: I could tell he was anxious to begin with and felt a pang of sadness seeing him sitting there on his special cushion with his ear defenders on next to his LSA looking and behaving obviously different but hey, it's ok to be different :) ! He settled down though, held up his spider picture at the right time and joined in some of the actions to the songs. They ended by singing Incy Wincy Spider and Adam was one of the children playing the instruments. He had to shake it at the 'down came to rain' bit and bang it hard at the end of the 'washed the spider out' line and he did it beautifully, perfect timing He was the only one to get his timing right in fact. Felt so proud :thumbs: and teary :tearful: LOL! Lovely to see him joining in and doing his best.

Liz x

Lovely, well done Adam!

I truely understand the sad feeling you get while watching these things though, I always find plays and assemblies make me deeply sad inside.

Lovely, well done Adam!

I truely understand the sad feeling you get while watching these things though, I always find plays and assemblies make me deeply sad inside.

Yes, I was the same, I used to find them deeply distressing. All the kids would be sitting there dressed as shepherds and singing the chorus, etc. and J would be the only one in his bright red uniform, sitting there blank-faced and silent on his TA's lap at the side with his hands over his ears looking very small and lost. It would break my heart in two. Many a time I'd sit there with tears dribbling down my face and I'd want to run out. :crying: Looking back I wonder why I continued to put us both through it!

~ Mel ~