Sign in to follow this  
minerva

Xmas present list

I thought it might be a good idea to start a list of any offers you may see online which may be of use to others for xmas presents etc.

I manage to find quite a few goodies so thought maybe others could make use of them & hopefully others will be able to do the same

To start with there is the Shawshank Redemption DVD for �2.99 delvered to your door

http://www.virginmegastores.co.uk/invt/753790

there are other movies there for �2.99 too

next there is an xbox + 4 games from Argos for less than �50 (for those that dont know the games themselves are worth more than that!)

http://www.argos.co.uk/ProductDisplayTRK01...tNumber=5671867

with the xbox just add that & the first game pack & when you get to the checkout the games are free.

I hope they are of use to someone

Nicke

Oh, thanks for this Minerva :notworthy: ......I've got a really long wish list :bounce::bounce: ................do you know where I can buy everlasting hairdye and a new body before Xmas? :pray::pray::devil::lol:

Have been hunting round for a Bratz laptop today online and in town......no joy :( Youngest dd wants some WANTED posters with teddies on..... :wacko::wacko:

Hmmmm, decisions , decisions........everlasting hairdye/perfect body or decent man........ermmmm, I'll take the bod and hairdye perlease :thumbs::curlers:

Did try Argos.....none available for home delivery, and none of my stores locally have any in stock :( Thanks for looking for me tho >:D<<'>

Not sure what the WANTED posters are for, or why the teddies have been so naughty......she said they are all in Scotland and it was an accident...............(the toyroom in now Scotland apparantly :unsure: )

there was an option on the bottom of the order page to be informed when they get in stock, may be worth doing that just in case.

Then if no others come up before hand you know eventually one will become available there?

You got me hunting for Teddies now, wonder if i'll get a reward lol

Thanks Minerva, maybe they will get some in stock soon, if not, may have to consider a different type >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Good luck on the teddybear hunt.............woods may be a good place to try first :lol: DH is under strict instructions from our dd to make WANTED posters when she gets home from school today..... :hypno::hypno:

:oops: Just realised I've completely hijacked your thread and turned into wanted teddy discussion....sorry :unsure::wacko::ph34r: Will go and keep myself busy doing housewifey things :bounce:

theres a game in argos called a penny pusher,its like a machine from the arcades where you put pennies in and try to get other pennies to fall down,its �20 but its never in stock,anyone seen anything like it in other shops or online?

OOOohhhhhhhhhhhhhh i'm sooooo cross :angry:

Bloomin' ebayers :angry:

My little monkey has got his heart set on a Transformer toy - i went to all the places i can think of, and they are ALL sold out :( . Most of the peeps behind the tills were telling me that people have been coming in and buying 10 of these toys (they're �40 each :o ), and are then selling them on ebay. I've just checked ebay......�57 for the toy and �10 for postage :angry: .

I've found one in ToyRUs eventually and have managed to get it put to one side for me :) .... Whilst on the phone to them, they said that they've had to limited people to two of the same item - to try to stop the ebayers.

I'm all for making a bit of money - but to clear all the stock out :angry::( .

Rant over. :oops::whistle::lol:

Edited by smiley

minerva you are fab :dance::dance::dance: ordered my penny pusher and got it today :D:D you deserve to be in the new years honours list :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Any suggestion for pressies for a 13 year old boy? I've got his BIG present from ebay to help him do drawings in his PC, but it's so hard to think of a couple of stocking fillers. :blink: I usually give him 3 or + pressies because I'm the only one who gives him anything.

Curra

steves 13 and ive got him a cheap digital camera,man city footie shirt,football and ps2 games,the older hes getting the dearer the toys are,when he was younger i could get away with cheap things,thank god he not into designer bits,my mate just paid 80 quid for trainers and 30 pound on tshirt for her boy :o

minerva you are fab :dance::dance::dance: ordered my penny pusher and got it today :D:D you deserve to be in the new years honours list :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

lol nutter!

I'm glad you got what you wanted, its a real pain when you find something you've been looking for for months well after xmas & it's too late!

Cameron wants a Laptop.... :blink:

His dad said he'll pay �150 towards it so I'm gonna do my best, but the cheapest I can find is �299 and the specs are pretty lame.......can anyone else find any better?

Nicke

We got our ds a laptop and printer for Xmas for �160, DH bought it from a work collegue. May be worth checking out the local paper and supermarkets for a second hand one :D

Curra, Our ds is 13 and his stocking fillers this year are choccy treats, body sprays, keyring, socks, and psp game. CD Roms are quite good and not overly expensive.

Edited by Bagpuss

Very good ideas, thanks! Digital camera (if I find one that's cheap) and body spray are great :thumbs:

His <<big>> present is a pen and tablet that can be used for drawing in the PC instead of a mouse. It works like a pencil and a brush. They come in different prices (anything between �27 - �400). I think it's a good present for older children who draw all the time (like mine). You can find out more here:

http://www.tablet4u.co.uk/group.html?Group...4670386a251a993

(they cost less at some shops)

Curra

His dad said he'll pay �150 towards it so I'm gonna do my best, but the cheapest I can find is �299 and the specs are pretty lame.......can anyone else find any better?

Are you looking at a new laptop or a used laptop? It is probably better to buy a higher spec reconditioned laptop than a lower spec new laptop. Enter "reconditioned laptops" into a search engine to find companies that sell them.

Hi canopus, I did look but havent found any reconditioned ones any better specs than the new ones to be honest with you.

Bagpuss, I am concerned about buying second hand laptops, most things i will buy second hand but not things that expensive! If anything goes wrong its a lot of money to lose :(

I would rather pay that lil extra & know that it has a guarantee