Sign in to follow this  
nellie

Early warning test for dyslexia

Thanks nellie,

Sorry to sound like i'm gatecrashing but you can listen to the interview on the BBC4 website if you click on 'listen again'. The interview was at 8.36am.

Also the website to access info about this test is at www.DLDCN.com.

It appears you can order the test for �50

Sorry not sure how to do links!!

mum22boys

I am really sceptical of such a quick test with such young children. There are currently screening tests for older children which are still unreliable.

Dyslexia is a discrepancy between IQ and actual ability. As these tests do not take into account a child's IQ a bright child can appear to pass the test when really they have not acheived their potential.

This happened to my dd, she completed a dyslexia screening test which identified her as not being at risk but when properly assessed by an ed psych she was severely dyslexic.

Katiebell

Hummmm. I got a private dx for DD7 as her LEA education psychologist is %$%$^.Before i went private, i finally managed to persuade her old school to assess her. Her school fobbed me around at first unwilling to do saying it's her age, then when they did agree and i asked them about the test. They said it was the proper test (lie). It was the screening test and she came out high at risk.

So at her review last June, i gave the LEA their copy this was after the LEA representive said that they had spoken to their EP and got told that there was no worries. :P

So she starts new school, the LEA promised that DD7 will get visited by the EP. The EP managed to get out of it (as usual) as she asked the specific learning teacher to visit DD7.

The lady came and tested DD7 with the same test that she had at her old school. Some area's she improved on, 3 area's she deteriated and 2 area's i'm questionning their results.

The EP is going hummm we not sure if she is dyslexic....... HELLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOO private dx from a highly qualified education psychologist who has written book's on dyslexia. They are trying to put the blame down to her speech and language disorder.

So anyone who child toke the HARCOURT screening test. Or knows how to give it. Bead threading test.

DD7 was 7:01 yrs when she did the first test, got 2 beads and was given a ---.

backward digital span get's 2 correct and scored --.

Fast forward to the second test 7:08 years beading test gets 4 and gets scored 0?????????????

Wouldn't it be -??

the backward digital span test, get's 3 and get's given a 0 again. Wouldn't it be a - ???