Sign in to follow this  
hev

papers to county panel

LEA phoned today to say they are sending steves papers to county panel about residential,are the county panel the people in charge of LEA then?k was having tantrum while i was talking on phone and i got all flustered,how long does it normally take county panel to decide?oh and is it entirely up to county panel or is there someone above them?

sorry for all questions its just im confused :rolleyes:

In my LEA, the child's papers go to a first panel that decides whether they need a mainstream or special school place.

If the decision is for a special school place, but it is 'out of county' (i.e. in another county, so probably residential because it may be quite far away), then it goes to another panel that agrees and organises the funding (it may be jointly with SS).

Perhaps it is this 'out of county' panel?

In my LEA, panels met every two weeks, and the decision seemed to be made within a few days.

Phone back and ask for the date of the panel, then when you know that you can keep ringing from the day after the panel to get the result.

Good luck...it's looking good!

Bid >:D<<'>

Edited by bid

Our LEA works like bid's, but one panel meets every two weeks and one meets once a month. You can sometimes find out the result the next day. The panel is just a collection of people (eg: SaLT, EP, LEA officers) that discuss each child and possible placements.

Karen