JsMum

our kids Rooms !!!

Well I think I actually need the bomb disposal team to come and help me and think of how I start and this afternoon I am attempting to start somewhere with it as I have been putting it off and now with a whole week off school it is resembling a bombsite.

wish me luck, any one esle having to do this? is this a boy thing? so scared what I might find?

oh cricky, what a task, the rule of ten mins a day tidy up hasnt happened this holiday but I am going to enforce it again once I can see if it is actually his bedroom!!!!

So quiet here, mmmmmm

JsMum

My AS sons bedroom is absolutly spotless because he likes everything to be in its place.cars are nealty lined up,beds made colthes folded.....................

Now before i get too smug me Nt teenage daughters bedroom is a bloomeing mess a right tip and one i only venture into know and againe to remove rotting food,empty dustbins clear pots away and change the bedding and basically fumeigate...............

My two have their ups and downs when it comes to keeping their rooms tidy.

They both keep their rooms spotless most of the time now; reason being, I refuse to vacuum or dust and polish if there is any mess.

A few rules no pocket money, no friends over, no outings, if they dont make their beds put their washing in the wash and keep it tidy. Sometimes I wont allow them to have their evening meal until their rooms are tidy. If you don't make them do it, you will be doing it yourself week in week out. :(;)

Best part is if my daughter wants friends over I bribe her with a few extra chores. Keeps her motivated. It cerainly has paid off.

Its amazing how much kids accumulate so if things are getting out of hand maybe its time to have a toss out to the charity stores, or have a garage sale. If storage is a problem definitely need a toss out, or give everything a place so they have no excuse for not putting things away. I literally put name tags on drawers for my two to quicken to process so they dont have to think.... as a joke. Did this to my daughter a few months ago as I caught her out shoving everything into cubby holes instead of correct drawers.

Joys of motherhood, washing cleaning, sorting out stuff, :lol::lol::wacko: last thing you want is their bedrooms on your list of things to do as well.

:D

No, its not just a boy thing. My NT 9 yr old DD is very messy she drives me crazy. That said my 11 yr old Autistic son shares a room with his 6 yr old NT brother and their room is also usually a tip. DS1 always blames the mess on his younger brother, yet it's usually mostly his mess. DS1 is particularly oblivious to mess and piles of dirty washing on the floor. The only thing he lines up in his room are his teddies on his bed!! DS1 has recently decided he wants pocket money so he can collect yu-gi-oh magazines!! So at the moment rooms are tidy as they have jobs to complete daily to earn their pocket money. We are doing a star chart which has never worked in the past with DS1, so we'll wait and see how long it lasts this time.

>:D<<'> My 11 year old is so particular with stuff and yet his bedroom is an absolute disgrace/bombsite too!!

I went up to start on it yesterday, didn't know where to start so managed 10 mins in their and left it :blink:

I can't keep putting it off so will maybe do it next week when he's back at school.

His tidying up means, mucky socks & undies slung behind his computer desk, coathangers everywhere, wrestling figures by the 100 here there and everywhere, then.... the dreaded c.d's, dvd's & ps, xbox, gameboy games/discs not in their boxes :crying:

This is the biggest thing in our house that has to change but never does....he say's he tries but he just can't help it!!! I don't mind as it is his space but when I do set about to clean it.....i wanna run away.

Doesn't help me having ADD, (without the hyperactivity) as I get bored real quick and alway's leave stuff before it's done......never mind we'll get there in the end I guess.

So yes, I appreciate you saying about the Bomb disposal send them here when they've done at yours :lol::lol::lol:

stevens room is really tidy,my secret is he hasent got a lot in it and he not allowed to eat upstairs :D my sister tidied up her 20 year old sons room last week and found 12 plates with half eaten dinner on them :sick::sick::sick: i would have gone mad,actually i think she did :lol:

Kierans bedroom is lovely and tidy,he also likes things just where he wants them, down to the last thing even his posters on the wall have to be in the right place.....his place, and dh doesnt see why he gets mad when he tries to put them somewhere else or even suggests putting them somewhere else other than where kieran says they are going

lynn

My boy's room is disgusting!

Its got toys stacked up everywhere and just piles of mess it drives me mad. My eldest at 14 will make his bed but he isn't that much better. I end up going in armed with black bags and ruthlessly chucking things out. What gets me though is how my son can sleep with the piles of toys on and in his bed, it was like whebn he was little he just HAD to pick up stones from the same place every day plonk them in his buggy sit on them and never look at them again, he's doing the same with his toys on the bed!

I will be going into their room in the very near future, if i'm not back online soon send in the search p :huh: arties!!!!!

I did a ten min tidy up yesterday and today and tomorrow I intend to properly sort it out, I am buying some storage units tomorrow and have plans to sort out outgrown stuff, he has the largest room because he does like to play in his room, he has other areas to play in but he does like his own bedroom.

I might decorate as well, mmmmm

The BDT was so scared that they left in their tanks and havent contacted me yet.

no really I have been really busy on monday it went like a flash, and tuesays I do my voluntary work, which has been a really good for my own moral and meeting other adults so I was so glad to do something so different.

I let J bring a friend and hoped his freind might be so shocked that J might of got a hint to ensure his bedroom was tidy but they just stumbled about and just ablivous to the mess. so that didnt work.

J loves, and adores his teddies and sleeps with over 20 in his bed.

well tomorrow I have comitted to go in again, not so scared now.

JsMum