Sign in to follow this  
hev

they phoned ME!!!

i was up mums today and nick phoned me to say social services had called to offer us more respite!!!i hadent called them,apparently the school phoned them since steve was suspended,nick didnt get the persons name so i havent got a clue who to call,maybe they are taking it seriously now,i was just shocked they called us without me chasing them

Hey Hev have you picked yourself up off the floor yet??You got ANOTHER phonecall.... You must have really ruffled some feathers but good for you :notworthy: I was so pleased to read about Steves respite working so well and I hope they are getting their butts in gear for you at last hun well done for persevering!!!!!

:lol::lol: My first response to your title was 'Whyyyyyy.....what have you done...?' :rolleyes::lol::lol::P

Excellent - really pleased for you mate - chuck some my way - apparently aspergers, dyspraxia, ADD, etc...etc.... don't count as disabilities in my area! :angry::angry:

well they phoned me back again today :o:o:o theyve offered me another 3 hours a week respite for steve on a sunday :D how good is that,i got a letter last week to say there was staff shortages so i def wasent expecting that,im very pkeased,theres light at the end of my tunnel after all!!

thanks again for helping me through it >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Blimey - that's unheard of!!!! Well done you!!! Now you've got their attention, get as much as you can from them xx

Smiley - In our area cerebral palsy, epilepsy, ADHD, heart defects and social/emotional problems don't fit the criteria for Childrens Disability either!!

wow someone at ss know how to call out unheard of in my area ! they are usually on annual leave when ever i ring

well done

Edited by dolly

Excellent - really pleased for you mate - chuck some my way - apparently aspergers, dyspraxia, ADD, etc...etc.... don't count as disabilities in my area! :angry::angry:

It's the same here but things may change! I have contacted my local MP who is on the case. She says she is prepared to go as far as challenging this in parliament as she thinks it is so wrong. She has the executive director of childrens services on the case and he is persoannly investigating our case as we don't fitthe criteria either.

I would urge every family in the same position as we are to contact their MP and ask them to look into it. The more people around the country that do it, the more chance there is of change to the system.

i agree fairynormal,i contacted mp and got result,it seems if we mere parents phone for help we are ignored,i think they panic when an mps on the case

Just shows how it varies in different areas down here my DS3 with asd etc is on the kids disability register but DS2 scoliosis in a body brace 23 hrs a day,muscle/lig probs,leg troubles and now suspected spina bifida occulta (again..long story..) is not apparently disabled enough to be on there??? Both on low rate mob but DS2 has a blue badge from the council and school transport due to obvious mob probs.. :wacko: