Sign in to follow this  
Minxygal

The MAZE

After a year of hard work yesterday we opened our drop in centre for the first time. We started a year ago self funded, parents supporting other parents, we've had some funding now and through this the drop in centre in High Street Arnold, Nottingham has been born.

We support parents of children on the autistic spectrum and one of the things we provide is a quiet, safe space to talk to other parents and access support as well as help with form filling, internet access and a book lending library.

For anyone living in the Nottingham area we are open 5 mornings a week, Monday to Friday 10am till 1 pm

Aw thank you everyone. To be honest it's been a scary, but exciting time as we're going for charity status and the commitment of the drop in centre is a big step on from the support group. However with everything I have been through with my boys and learning about autism and learning to live with it the chance to make a difference to other parents gives reason and purpose to all we went through and I needed that for me.

By the way The Maze name came from a conversation we once had about the maze of information that parents have to find their way through when a child is diagnosed. Our logo is a maze with a rainbow in the centre. The rainbow represents our beautiful children and we hope that our support will help parents find their way through their own mazes to the special child we all know is at the centre of it all. :D

Good luck with the centre, Minxygal and well done! :clap: It's a brilliant idea. Places like this are much needed. Love the name too!

Keep us posted on how it goes.

K x