Sign in to follow this  
hev

5 hours of hell

steve gets home from school at 2.30 now as they hoping shorter days at school might improve his behaviour,well hes been on top form for 5 hours,prodding 3 year old non stop,swearing non stop,just not shutting up,i could have pulled my hair out,when hes like this nothing can calm him down,it exhausts all of us and its like a living hell

What I have to do with J after school is take him swimming, he then uses all that excess energy, we then cycle and then after that take TJ for a walk, after that its supper and bed and a bit tireder J is there anything active that he could do to counter act that endless energy he seems to have, J also has a trampoline in the garden that has been our savoiur!

Had steve had anything to eat or drink that could of CONTRIBUTED to his behaviour, as with J coke, and certain foods defo make him more difficult to manage.

Do you keep a dairy of his moods and behaviour to see if there is a hidden cause or trigger?

Is there any clubs such the army cadets be interested in taking him under there wing and giving him cool things to do, as I know if J was old enough he would be there now.

Its really hard when they seem like wound up cogs because when they are tight and then let go they really do go all over the place.

JsMum

Hev, it must be so hard to manage his behaviour when you have a little 3 yr old, I apprecaite that you can't just drop everything to focus on Steve. Has he got a punch bag or trampoline to exert his energies on ? Sorry don't have any advice but my thoughts are with you.

Clare x >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

I too need to kep my AS son constantly entertained or he too becomes intolerable and very horrible to his younger brother. So after school there is always something active that I do with him, like gardening (on his terms!) or going for a walk, or even a car journey to pick up his older brother. Then while I cook he watches a video, he'll then hang around me and talk and talk and talk till he gets ready for bed, I read him a 1 hour night story, he'll spend another 15-30 minutes in bed with me, and then finally gets into his own bed where I'll spend another 15-30 minutes talking to him. That usually takes us till about 9.30, and thanks to the respiridone he'll actually go to sleep then.

I myself then still have to put his younger brother to bed (who listens to the story too ofcourse), do the dishes or there won't be space to make the packlunches in the morning, and try to find some time and energy to have a chat with my eldest, although by then he is usually in bed too. All this leaves little time for his brothers, nor for myself.

Again, in weekends and holidays I constantly have to entertain him to avoid him getting bored and blowing, and after a week I've usually had it and it all goes pearshaped...

So, after all that, maybe you could give him something to do (or lots of somethings, my son is only interested for short periods of time)?

Hev >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

My son gets like that too when he doesn't know what to do with himself. He stays some days after school in an art club and it's helping him. I think that at their age they need to do an activity related with their interests. Is there any after school club that he would enjoy?

CurraXX

Is there any clubs such the army cadets be interested in taking him under there wing and giving him cool things to do, as I know if J was old enough he would be there now.

thanks js mum for that advice,sometimes when you in a situation you cant think of any solutions but i saw your reply and thought yeah im gonna give cadets a go,ive email them to see if they have any aspergers childen there and times etc,he might not like it but im feeling positive cos im trying to sort things out,thanks

Hi Hev glad I helped in some way and if you really are going to look into cadets I found this website for you for children who may have issues with Social difficulties.

http://www.armycadets.com/acf/recruitcadet/outreach.aspx

If S isnt into the Army there is other cadet interests such as Air cadets, police cadets and sea cadets.

there is even opportunities for you hev as an instructor if you where in any way interested.

Hope the website helps and let me know if he joins the army cadets.

I was a Air cadet, an Army Cadet instructor and a Private in the Army.

JsMum

thanks for the link js mum >:D<<'> >:D<<'> he is very interested in the army and anything military really