Sign in to follow this  
Cat

Mental Health Bill

I have actually just had my letter returned as it appears that my MP has changed his addy. He wont get away with it that easily.

Cat

I had a reply from my MP too: here is part of it. (No prizes for guessing which party she belongs to!)

As you may be aware, the Bill has now had its Third Reading in the House of Lords. During its period of debate in the Upper Chamber, Opposition Peers made substantial and much needed amendments to the Bill. These amendments included the requirement for a therapeutic treatment test before detention, the narrowing of the conditions in which Community Treatment Orders can be used and the provision of age appropriate treatment. We also secured an amendment which narrows the scope of mental health conditions for which people will be detained. I am sure you will be glad to hear that this amendment rules out the possibility of those with ASD being detained under the Act purely on the basis that they have this condition.

After the Easter recess, the Bill will go forward for its Second Reading in the House of Commons. Unfortunately it looks likely that the Government will try to overturn the amendments made in the House of Lords. I can assure you that the Conservative health team will continue to work closely with the the mental health charities, pressure groups and medical orgainisations to persuade the Government not to do this.

Ah well standard reply....its the same as mine, unless your mp is Humfrey too !!!!

Different MP, same story. :rolleyes:

I didn't for one minute think I'd got a personal reply - it was way too quick for that! :lol:

K x

Had a letter back from my MP as well and reads exactly the same as yours Kathryn :( , shouldnt have expected anything else i suppose.

Jayne xx

I have added my littls bot to the campaign.

My MP has now sent me a copy of the response he had from the Dept of Health. which I don't totally understand has anyone else recieved this, its from Rosie Winterton ???

Clare x