Just wanted to say Hi again. I haven't been on for ages, I had forgotten my log in details, everything I tried seemed wrong. I have just tried again & got the right one. I haven't even read stuff on here for a while as I didn't like to read but not reply. A lot of stuff has happened since last time I was on, some good, some bad. but the best thing is Danny has now been issued with his proposed Statement for school :dance: , so that shoulod be in force any day now :D .

thats great news about the statement!!! hope things improve school wise, i know it really made a big difference with ellie! i cant get on either sometimes, then it seems like loads has happened! :lol:

Just wanted to say Hi again. I haven't been on for ages, I had forgotten my log in details, everything I tried seemed wrong. I have just tried again & got the right one. I haven't even read stuff on here for a while as I didn't like to read but not reply. A lot of stuff has happened since last time I was on, some good, some bad. but the best thing is Danny has now been issued with his proposed Statement for school :dance: , so that shoulod be in force any day now :D .

Hi im new to all this, could you tell me how long statementing took start to finish,and did you or school apply for statement and what in the way of help does this mean now for Danny. Hope you dont think im being cheeky but would really appreciate any advice.

Thanks Shell.

Hi,

Hope this helps.

Annie

xx

Timescales from statutory assessment to statement

LEA receives request for statutory assessment - 6 weeks to make decision

LEA decides not assess- write to parents with right to appeal or;

LEA decides to assess

LEA seeks advice from range of professionals and parents within 10 weeks (unless in exceptional circumstances)

LEA decides whether or not to make a statement within 2 weeks of receiving all the advice

LEA decides not to make a statement and writes to parents with right of appeal or;

LEA decides to make a statement and issue a proposed statement

LEA has 8 weeks to make a final statement

Total time 26 weeks.