Sign in to follow this  
mrs fussy

School exclusion can anyone help?

Hi, does anyone know is this a breach of confidentiality, my child has been excluded for a fixed period

from school and the school has took it upon themselves to tell the whole class, i have been told by a friend is this right? Shell

I don't know - they may have had to explain your child's absence - it depends on how they have gone about it really :(

I don't know about the legalities of this, mrs fussy, but it's certainly insensitive to his feelings and yours. It's not the business of the other kiddies in the class, they should not have been told anything so personal.

So sorry this has happened. :(

~ Mel ~

I don't know about the legalities of this, mrs fussy, but it's certainly insensitive to his feelings and yours. It's not the business of the other kiddies in the class, they should not have been told anything so personal.

So sorry this has happened. :(

~ Mel ~

Yes this was my feelings on it its going to be hard enough for him to reintegrate anyway considering that it was partly one of the other kiddies fault that he got excluded in the first place, and after a 16 day exclusion and then 2 weeks holiday 5 weeks away from school in total. They seem to think or so they are telling me that this will help to get him statemented by excluding him for 16 days! im considering looking for another school how do i go about this? as they seem to be trying to make his return as difficult as possible. what do you all think about this? there are staffing problems at the school constant supply teachers that dont know about asd kids another part of the reason my son is so stressed and therefore behaving inappropriately this list is endless i just think hes a scapegoat but i suppose i am biased. Shell.

I can understand your frustration, one of my sons teachers told his classmates about his meds!!!! I was furious as it was done without my permission, but the schools attitude was 'couldnt care less what you say' :angry:

re the exclusion, and it 'helping' towards the statement, that might be true. When we were going through the statementing process our school refused to have my son in school at all. They said it strengthened the case for getting more support. They said the LEA would say if they were coping with him in school then clearly they are 'managing'. It worked in our case, the statement went through in less than six months but the funding was quicker, and he got full time support.

(they also pointed out to me that they really couldnt cope with him without support, so having him in school without it would be unfair on the teacher, the other kids but definitely on my son, who would definitely fail in class)

Oh my god, sorry I think this is awfull, if it has been done as a lesson to show the other kids it's just so wrong. The children in my son's school were never made aware of why he was off school, he didn't show the disruptive behaviour much in the class and was mostly when he was in a sepsrate room. I think some of the children found it difficult to understand why he was not in school but again it has nowt to do with anyone else.

How far are you in the stage of statement?

I would be extremly worried about them excluding for such lengthy periods of time cos once it gets to 45 days then he will be perm excluded. They are not doing this to help with the statement but I think to get to 45 days and then they don't have to cater for him.

You could try looking for another school, but good schools are hard to find and you willneed to think how does your son feel about this.

I would contact IPSEA to see if there is any ground you can appeal the exclusion.

If you look at IPSEA website you can call them and they can offer advice.

Hope things get sorted soon >:D<<'>

Oh my god, sorry I think this is awfull, if it has been done as a lesson to show the other kids it's just so wrong. The children in my son's school were never made aware of why he was off school, he didn't show the disruptive behaviour much in the class and was mostly when he was in a sepsrate room. I think some of the children found it difficult to understand why he was not in school but again it has nowt to do with anyone else.

How far are you in the stage of statement?

I would be extremly worried about them excluding for such lengthy periods of time cos once it gets to 45 days then he will be perm excluded. They are not doing this to help with the statement but I think to get to 45 days and then they don't have to cater for him.

You could try looking for another school, but good schools are hard to find and you willneed to think how does your son feel about this.

I would contact IPSEA to see if there is any ground you can appeal the exclusion.

If you look at IPSEA website you can call them and they can offer advice.

Hope things get sorted soon >:D<<'>

Hi Stressedmumof2 The school have just applied to get him assessed as far as i know so we are not anywhere near at the moment but my sons problems have escalated very quickly so sa to sa+ to statutory assessment all in the space of 3 mnths. Shell

Mr Fussy sounds a bit like my son's problems they escelated very quickly too only the school were very slow with getting statement sorted. Has your son been seen by the ed phsyc and speech and language yet for part of the statement?

You can ask to hold a meeting with the LA and together with he school funding can be arranged to support your son in school untill the statement is finalised and I think this is what you should be asking for right now.

Do you know what the difficulties are within the school? is it anxiety about going to school or difficluties within the classroom?

Could your son start at a later time to the other children, even 10mins later can reduce some anxiety.

What I really do not understand is why such long exclusions, exclusions should be used as a last resort and I think they could be discriminating but without knowing the facts......

I really think you should give IPSEA a call and take advice from them on this matter.

>:D<<'>

Mr Fussy sounds a bit like my son's problems they escelated very quickly too only the school were very slow with getting statement sorted. Has your son been seen by the ed phsyc and speech and language yet for part of the statement?

You can ask to hold a meeting with the LA and together with he school funding can be arranged to support your son in school untill the statement is finalised and I think this is what you should be asking for right now.

Do you know what the difficulties are within the school? is it anxiety about going to school or difficluties within the classroom?

Could your son start at a later time to the other children, even 10mins later can reduce some anxiety.

What I really do not understand is why such long exclusions, exclusions should be used as a last resort and I think they could be discriminating but without knowing the facts......

I really think you should give IPSEA a call and take advice from them on this matter.

>:D<<'>

Hi stressedmumof2, my son has had an initial assessment with ed pshyc but thats about it dont know when school applied for stat assessment, if i ring the lea will they tell me?, his problems at school are in the classroom and on playground, noise seems to a big problem in class as the class are generally very disruptive, when teacher tells them off my son takes it very personally even tho most of the time he has been behaving he then becomes very upset and this can then lead to aggression. On the playground problems arise due to him really wanting to play and be amongst everyone but doesnt really know how to, he has been teased very badly by a few of the children to get a reaction, this has also involved physical violence towards him this then resullts in him hitting back and getting into trouble, (by the way one of the disruptive children and one who frequently picks on him one of his parents is a governor at the school) we have a meeting with them soon any advice on handling these meetings,

Mrs Fussy