Sign in to follow this  
Karen A

Developments since last Mon

Hi We are at a loss as to what to do.

1.Ben has been bullied in the playground.Several incidents in the last couple of weeks.He has started to hit back.

2.Two incidents during the last three weeks where Ben has been victimised by staff-swimming teacher and music teacher.Both due to lack of understanding of Ben's needs.However both unhelpful for any child.

3.We have not been informed re the incidents due to lack of communication/lack of undestanding.

4.We found out that Ben was not been supported in line with his statement and went to LEA.The HT then verbaly attacked me on Fri for having gone to the LEA.

5.The complaints we have made have resulted in the HT taking Ben out of class to talk to him.He is very anxious with this and cannot get his view across due to his needs.

6.Ben is now so anxious that we have not sent him to school today and don't think he will get back this week.

7.Review of statement is not until after the hols.The monitoring officer is on holiday now until after Easter.

8.If we decide to make an official complaint re HT don't know where to start.

9.Am now at home with anxious fed up 8 year old. :crying::crying::crying::wallbash::wallbash:

Karen.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Sorrythay Ben, and you are having such a tough time at the moment, I personaly think you did the right thing keeping Ben Off, can you contact one of his Drs (GP/Paed etc) or the EWO to explain the situation? Can you contact te LEA again and let them know about the verbal bashing the HT gave you, isn't that a form of bullying to make you not go to the LEA again, why is the HT worried about you speaking to the LEA?

I wish I could help you out but don't know the answers (as usual).

We once made a comlaint against a HT, and the normal procedure would be to write to the CoG but as they were a good friend of the HT, we went straight to the LEA and they sorted it for us, because we had concerns that we wouldn't be taken seriously at Governor level, as the impression we had of them was they would immediately support the HT. Having said that, many schools do have very good governing bodies who would be impartial!

Sorry I couldn't be of more help, hopefully someone else will be!

Hope you get it sorted soon

hiya Karen, might be a good idea to see your gp re anxiety ..........then you have his/her back-up should you need it later in getting over to them the serious effect stuff that goes on at school can have on our kids.

Edited by Suze

Oh Karen, I am so sorry to hear you have had to put up with all this and poor Ben. I don't understand why the HT is being so defensive, sounds like she is trying to fob you off and cover things up. I know its hard but you have to keep fighting, since being a member of this forum I didn't realise how so many children and parents have to fight so hard everyday, its not as if we are asking too much, basically for some compassion and humanity.

I wish I could offer you some constructive advice.

Clare x

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

All schools have a complaints procedure ask them for a copy, if they are pedantic your lea will have one either on the internet or one they can post. You could also ask for a copy of their disability and bullying policy as well.

Gather as much info as possible.

Did the lea tell you about independant support available in your area ie paretn partnership ,they maybe worth a ring - altho sometimes that arent too impartial

On the ipsea website there is some good advice and it wouldbe worthwhile ringing them for advice

0800 0184016

All schools have a complaints procedure ask them for a copy, if they are pedantic your lea will have one either on the internet or one they can post. You could also ask for a copy of their disability and bullying policy as well.

Gather as much info as possible.

Did the lea tell you about independant support available in your area ie paretn partnership ,they maybe worth a ring - altho sometimes that arent too impartial

On the ipsea website there is some good advice and it would be worthwhile ringing them for advice

0800 0184016

Hi Yes Ive found that p partnership arent too impartial as i told them something i hadn't told anyone else, and what you know the day after the school knew too luckily it wasn't anything i didn't want them to know but it just goes to show you. i have since found out that the senco has worked with this lady a lot in the past, so know each other well, probably bessie mates for all i know. Mrs Fussy

Hi Thanks for the posts.I contacted EWO and we are ok until the hols with Ben not in school.I also spoke to the LEA.The SEN Officer will support us in moving Ben to another school but will not back us if he remains out of school after Easter unless we can get a Drs note.At least we will not have to until Sep for a Statement Amendment.It looks like we will have to try to plod on with the school after Easter whilst looking for another one. Karen.

Edited by Karen A

Hi Karen,

Sorry to hear your update :( .

You've done the right thing, filling in the EWO and the SEN Officer, they've given you some good advice. Having a GP's letter can really help.

Hope things start moving for you and Ben.

Annie xx

>:D<<'>