Sign in to follow this  
darky

omg im so embarrassed

talk about from the mouths of babes. im soooo embarrassed. the chap from disability team came round because he wanted to see the kids, in particular my girl with adhd and PDD.

well with the uncertainty my girl was on form as per usual. hypo, loud, boistrous. my son, aspergers, said "do you want me to give rhia a chill pill, because i don't think she has had her medication today"

omg, "chill pill" what was my son on about?? shall HE give her a chill pill?? omg what is he going to think of me??

i took my son to task in front of the worker, but throw enough mud. i wonder whats going to go in his report now??? :tearful::unsure:

OMG!! Kids eh????? :wallbash:

Try not worry, I am certain worse has been said........He probably hears that all the time!

At least you told your son off!

>:D<<'>

Lisa xx

The fact you reprimanded your son there and then he will of seen you dont think it was funny what he had said, some mums I know probably would of laughed there and then and not seen that its not a way to look at medicating children.

So I am certain he understands that your D is taking medication for her disabilties rather than to chill her out.

I would maybe have a talk with your son later and explain why your D has to take the medication with him having asperbergers and not taking the medication he propbably just see s it as that when she takes it she is a lot calmer and he takes it as her been chilled, its a kids statement as well, especailly at high school, mates constantly tell each other to take a chill pill, he has probably heard it in school and not fully understood the full context of the phrase.

JsMum