Sign in to follow this  
pingu

Hips ? Update

hi there.

i thought i would update you all on kierans latest problem.

We went to see the doctor on monday, and she said that he had a definate lean which she would refer us back to the hospital with.

Tonight she phoned to say that she had reviewed all the info and the email sent by the orthotics and had decided to get straight in touch with his pead consultant to try and hurry things along. Shw admitted that she thought there was a definate problem with him somewhere but was unsure of what it was. it could be that his leg is growing at a slower rate than the other one, in which case they would closley monitor him over the next couple of years, or there could be tendon issues making his leg appear shorter, or the problem could be his hip. untill relevant scans and xrays have been done they cant really say.... :unsure: im just hoping it doesnt come to surgery as it would kill him to loose his mobility - thats the main way he relieves his tension. not to mention all the worries he would have if he had to have surgery. Fingers crossed its something and nothing. :notworthy:

Take care of yourselfs

shaz

x >:D<<'>

Shaz,

I really hope it turns out to be something that is very easily put right...

lots of these >:D<<'> >:D< >:D<<'> for you..

Brook >:D<<'>

Shaz,

Thank you for sharing your up date, I truly hope this is sorted out quickly and simply :pray:

Got my fingers crossed for you.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x

Shaz,

>:D<<'> Hey hun, how are you? We are going through exactly the same right now with our 19 month old. We had him at the Orthopedic clinic the other day to be fobbed off with "lets see how things are in 3 months" but he isn't walking yet although he is trying to but just can't. He has a definate lean and can't put his weight down on his left foot. I have a feeling it's the lower limbs (left one to be precise!) so he is on his tiptoe, and will then have to compensate with his right foot. i KNOW fine well something isn't quite right (he's a whippet on his knees) and they didn't even do x-rays, i was livid. The GP checked his hips and they seem fine but without an x-ray how can they say he seems fine maybe a bit of a late developer, i really wouldn't be going through this if i didn't think there was a need and i know there is, his gait is just not right, anyway i thought i'd share with you and let you know i know exactly what you are going through, hope you are ok,

Take care,

Kirstie.

Thanks kirstie.

that sounds like it needs investigating. its so annoying when you feel you are not been taken seriously. but i said years ago there was something not right, and was fobbed off so please keep fighing if you suspect there is a problem, fight for it to be recognised because i am kicking myself now thats its only just been noticed. k's mobility is everything now, but 3 Years ago when i first mentioned all this he wasnt this active - surgery wouldnt have bothered him then.

take care

shaz

>:D<<'> Hi guys my daughter has probs similar to yours, check out WWW.STEPS-charity.org.UK

Its a really good site .

Edited by Suze