Sign in to follow this  
mum22boys

Advice needed please

Hi all,

Have decided to stop moaning about the useless uncaring school i send my kids to and have decided to look at other schools.

I know there are lots of you out there who have done this but would really like your advice about how you went about it. I have looked on the internet for local schools and have decided he would be better suited to a very small village school where there is a high teacher to pupil ratio. I have seen two, checked the ofsted reports and think i will ring them. I am going to ask for an appointment and have some questions I know I need to ask but could some of you reading this please let me know how you made your decision. Also once you found a school how easy was the procedure in changing schools. M is in mainstream school.

Thanks

mum22boys

cant help much with your request, but I would also be interested in the responses on this one as I am considering changing schools too.

The only thing that I would say is that when I went on a few tours of mainstream secondary schools recently, there was a marked and obvious difference in their apparent attitude toiwards children with special needs.

One school's response to my question of support for children with ASD without knowing or asking any questions was"if there is no funding, there is no help" another schools response was more detailed, but still a bit text bookish, whilst another school asked how the condition affected my son and almost had me in tears with her understanding and caring attitude!

Hope it works out for you >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Phoebe