Sign in to follow this  
pingu

anyone know what this is

Hi everyone.

My DD (10) has been unwell since friday. sickness and the 'other end', very high temp and basically "tummy bug poorly" the sickness has now stopped but the temperature remains. i tried to get a doctor to see her yesterday but she told me to wait another 24hrs in case it was a plain and simple tummy bug. but today i noticed a red line streaking from the verucca that she has on the bottom of her foot. I have phoned the doc again and she is calling me back, but i just wanted to ask your advice whilst i was waiting. i have taken a picture of the affected foot. please can you let me know if you have any idea of what this could be. im dreading it been blood poisoining. :tearful:

http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h146/mam...shaunasfoot.jpg

thanks

shaz x

No idea here either, probably not too serious but best to get the doc to take a look. Did you manage to get an appointment?

Simon

Hi

I recall getting a nasty infection in my leg as the result of wearing a new pair of shoes that were too tight. Started off as a blister, I ignored it, next thing I was hobbling around. I didn't realise, because I thought I simple had a blister. The red mark may well indicate an infection. I'm no expert, but I would get it looked at by a GP.

Caroline.

mmm does it feel hot to the touch?? M is renowned for getting infections in even the minutist of scrapes so I would definately get it looked at by GP just to be on the safe side,especially if its been accompanied by sickness etc.Hope she feels better soon >:D<<'> Dee X

It looks like it could be an infection to me. You can feel pretty ill with an infection. If I was you I'd have her seen today one way or another, she may need antibiotics.

hi,

I am hoping that you wil have heard from and been to the doctors by now.

It is possible that it could be blood poisoning - no need to panic though antibitotics should clear it in no time. I had this as a child from a burn which I guess got infected and the line went from my finger all the way up the outside of my arm,crossed over to the inside of my arm at the elbow and was on its way towards my heart. I remember well feeling really cold and sitting in front of the fire with my coat and blankets on. I was burning up, but so well wrapped up that it took a while before anyone realised. I was 7 at the time!!

Insist on seeing the doctor if you haven't done so yet. Keep us posted >:D<<'>

Love and hugs Phoebe

steve had something like that and it was an ulcer,hope all is ok,let us know how she is >:D<<'>

Hi There.

The doctor said she does have an infectiion, and the "tracking" is the start of blood poisoning, but she has given her 10 days of penicillin to try and stop it going any further.

thanks for your replies, in fact thank you for always been here (there) when i need to talk.

She is feeling ok at the moment, i will keep you updated on her progress.

>:D<<'>

Shaz x

Aw poor thing >:D<<'> I'm glad you got her seen Pingu the penicillin usually works really well but if it doesn't start to clear it up do take her back Hope she starts to feel better soon >:D<<'>