Sign in to follow this  
steviegirl

advice about residential

On wednesday Hev, myself and Steve are going to new proposed residential school for Steven. Seeing as we love him very much any advice on what to look out for.

Although Steve has a big agressive air about him he is still on 13 and very vunerable himself we want to be careful, what are the best questions to ask. Thanks :robbie::robbie::robbie::robbie::robbie: : :unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure::unsure:

There's so many to ask where to begin. I recall finding a questionnaire somewhere on the internet which started me off and then more specific ones relating to my son. The NAs website might have something. It would be best to write everything down as when you come away you can easily forget. I read the Ofsted reports, Care Commission ( Now also Ofsted) and looked for any issues raised to see if they had been acted upon. My son had a lot of questions himself about the dorms, food ( try and see if for yourself) try and meet the houseparents not just the academic staff. If there are SALT and OT to be provided talk to them even if it means phoning up later. Find out about the behaviour policies- funnily enough we were never told about the push ups punishment in my thread but that at least has been resolved. Don't forget no school is perfect. Good luck.