Sign in to follow this  
JsMum

has the floods effected you?

Well it has us so just interested if its effected you too, J has had real behavioural changes, becomeing very irratic and oral noises everytime the news is on as he doesnt like, we havent been able to get out and schools are shut, but he wasnt going to school anyway but its made it where we are stuck in.

J has an obsession with weather so for him he feels its all coming true, and feels very fearful, I cant calm him down and on the evenings he is sleeping in my bed and he is scared everytime it thunders, actually like the lightening so odd that.

We have roads closed too and its really hectic but its kind of strange time every appointment has also been cancelled like Js Psychotherapy and nurse appointment and possibly the Social worker too.

I cant be too disapointed though as I know the floods have taken away lives so I know in some respect I have to be grateful for not having to deal with that, so I wont grumble, and some houses are really effected, I guess things will take a while to get properly sorted out and I have to be patient.

so has the rain effected your life?

JsMum

Sorry to hear how you have been effected by the weather. Connor is very concerned and stressed about what he has heard and seen on the news and is certainly all a bit wobbly the past few days. I have to admit its all very scary what with rivers about to burst and flood warnings, loss of lives and people having to leave their homes.

Clare x

Sorry to hear that some of you have been having problems. Luckily Durham has escaped any flooding that I know of so far. Though the river was quite high last time I looked. It has been fairly dry today though so I'm not sure it will get any worse. I was half expecting it to flood in time for my schools field trip to Durham later this week. They've already managed to pick one of the days of the graduation ceremonies and suggest metting at Palace Green. (This is where the students get their photos, parade from the castle to cathedral, etc...)

My thoughts go out to anyone affect by the floods. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> All the best,

David.

They're saying today that the floods will be coming South this weekend. :unsure: Maybe that's a positive to me moving to the top of a high building. :thumbs:

My mum lives in the middle of the flooded area. My sister sent me a message yesterday (she's home now) saying the water was rising on the nearest road and they were wondering how to get the cat into a life-jacket. I haven't been able to contact them today (no answer to phone/messages, and sis hasn't been online where she normally spends much of the day) so I hope they're ok, but they've just said on the news that her area has been evacuated. What my mum won't understand if how much not knowing what is going on worries me :tearful: (there we go, a bit more water).

Next village to us is flooded ... strange to see the main news coming from there last night :wacko: - we're near the sub station that was in danger of flooding - J was excited to see a Sea-King helicopter and a Chinook y'day - didn't see the sand bags though.

Water level has dropped about 5 foot today but it's raining heavily again ... :-(

We're in the same boat :rolleyes:

Tonight the local news came from the next village to ours !

We moved lots of stuff upstairs cos flood water was only about 50m away yesterday. Today the river level has dropped, thank goodness :clap:

But we've got heavy rain forecast for the weekend :wacko:

One good thing, tomorrow 2 out of our 3 kids are back at school :clap: ( eldest's school is being used as an evacuation centre)

W.

We're in the same boat :rolleyes:

Not literally I hope!!!

Tonight the local news came from the next village to ours !

We moved lots of stuff upstairs cos flood water was only about 50m away yesterday. Today the river level has dropped, thank goodness :clap:

But we've got heavy rain forecast for the weekend :wacko:

One good thing, tomorrow 2 out of our 3 kids are back at school :clap: ( eldest's school is being used as an evacuation centre)

W.

Will look out for you on the news ... seriously - hope you don't get flooded ... thankfully the river has gone down some more overnight - hope there's room to take the rain that's forecast :pray::pray::pray:

PS your name change confused me for a moment!

hi,

I totally sympathise with anyone who has been affected recently. We were flooded last summer, a foot of water throughout the house. Not only did we lose all our furniture. personal stuff etc, the emotional stress it put on us was unbelievable. It took 6 months to have flooring replaced, new kitchen etc and with two aspergers kids, not a good time. We even had strangers coming up to us saying weren't we lucky to get flooded as we got lots of new furniture!

OJ, 11, totally freaks when it rains.

Lets hope for some sunshine!

Our back garden is virtually submerged :o It always clears away over night though, and then there is another huge downpour and it floods again........only seems to be our garden affected though, and wondering if the water is pouring in from elsewhere, maybe our garden is a tad lower than neighbours, as their's are not that badly affected :unsure: We've had quite abit of thunder and lightening this evening, and throughout the day it continually went from hot to pouring down :wacko:

We had heavy hail today J watches all the disasters on sky tv and thinks something bad is going to happen to him. The other day 'it did' I had his bedroom window open too far and it rained in. His bed was soaked, he was disgusted since then he keeps closing all the windows and we are melted.

Hope it all ends soon and some sunshine sails in. B)