Sign in to follow this  
baddad

here, you know that Samuel Johnson...

Only 'ad tourettes, didden 'e!

really interesting documentary on BBC 2 tonight, and descriptions of him leave no doubt he had tourettes syndrome. Also had 'near perfect' memory, flapped and wrung his hands constantly and was absolutely fastidious about the minutiae of his 'work'...:)

L&P

BD :D

Hi

Is that tonight as in Wednesday? What time is it on? I have OJ,11, with Tourettes and try and watch anything relating to the subject.

Hi

Is that tonight as in Wednesday? What time is it on? I have OJ,11, with Tourettes and try and watch anything relating to the subject.

Hi Stella - no, sorry, I posted after watching it last night :(

That said, it's the kind of thing they repeat on BBC4 so you should catch it again if you keep your eye on the schedules. It was really interesting, and a very positive view of the more empowering aspects of his 'difference'...

L&P

BD :D

He's the one who did The Rambler - yes? no???? Brains fried :wacko:

Remember it from the days when i HAD to read it - My English teacher was pure evil..... :sick:

'I've never been much favourite to the publick' - or something like that anyway... :unsure:

:blink::D

Remember it from the days when i HAD to read it - My English teacher was pure evil..... :sick:

'I've never been much favourite to the publick' - or something like that anyway... :unsure:

No, 'The rambler' was a song by the strolling bones... 'Have you heard about the midnight rambler...' he wrote a dikshunerry ;)

Nice to see you back, oh smiling one :)

Dr J was famous for his dictionary, but he also wrote Rasselas, alternative title The Prince of Abyssinia. I had to read it too!

Don't know much about SJ except that he said.. "When a man is tired of London he is tired of life..."

Man after my own heart. :):dance:

K x

Don't know much about SJ except that he said.. "When a man is tired of London he is tired of life..."

Man after my own heart. :):dance:

K x

Isn't he also the bloke who said 'Life is like a chicken run?'...... :lol::lol:

One of my fave cartoons, an old Willy Rushton scribble from the early 70's entitled 'A literary breakfast':

"Pass the sugar, GBS"

"B*%%*�!, Oscar!" :lol:

No, 'The rambler' was a song by the strolling bones... 'Have you heard about the midnight rambler...' he wrote a dikshunerry ;)

Nice to see you back, oh smiling one :)

Are you sure you're not thinking of the wanderer by the Quo?? ;):lol:

Boho :dance: