KateBall

Book covers

My ds has a thing about book covers. Whenever he gets a new hard back book he will always take off the book cover. I put it back and he goes ape - takes it off again. Does anyone else do this? Just curious. :unsure:

Are we talking dust jacket or actual cardboard cover?

All three of us here take off the dust jackets - they're irritating and get in the way. Sometimes J will use his as a bookmark when he can't be bothered to find a proper one.

I don't think there's anything unusual about removing dustjackets, but if he's removing the actual book cover there might be a sensory reason behind it, perhaps he likes to feel soft paper rather than hard board.

Karen

x

Logan takes the covers off of books, and also the covers inserts off of videos/dvds and cds! We have to write the names on with a marker pen LOL

Lynne

I always take them off too. Normally my thought is to try and protect them. Also means don't drop book by mistake when lying in bed. That said I often forget the cover is there and end up putting something on top of it. Never really understood why they need them to be honest.

Oh heck - perhaps everyone does it and I'm the only one who doesn't!! :hypno::wacko:

i don't either, i use it as a book mark. so they end up a bit misshapen