jaalka

employment for 18+

I just remembered something. I used to have a personality profiling test used by BT in the early 1990s. The questions were of a much more moderate nature than Myers-Briggs and they focused more on everyday type issues. The questions were along the lines of:

Do I like working with numbers?

Do I prefer factual documentaries to entertainment type television programmes?

Do I prefer to wear clothes that are smart rather than comfortable?

Do I prefer to create functional items or beautiful items?

Do I consider myself to be a good presenter and speaker?

Do I prefer solitary or group leisure activities?

Went for a gynaecological appointment yesterday and the lady I saw told me that the consultant has AS, she said he has not a very good bed side manner but he was the best in his field !

just an update on the Work Prep Course that the RBLI have set up for my 18yr old son with AS....Basically it has collapsed. J attended for the first two days of the first week, missed the third day saying it wasn't worth going. Complained that they were all mentally retarded and that he didn't feel comfortable and they were working at a really slow pace. By the first day of the second week he had left. He has since applied for two jobs from the job centre, been offered interviews for both (awaiting outcome) and has registered at an employment agency in London for temp to perm positions.

Hoping that something will come of THIS!

Jaalka.

Aww, sorry it didnt work out for him jaalka.

Onwards & upwards, thats really good about the interviews etc, let us know how he gets on.

I am currently self diagnosed, awaiting proffesional evaluation. Im 33 years old and a qualified electrician. It took me years to work out what i was good at and have wasted many years of my life doing jobs i found boring. Im now working in building maintenance as a supervisor.

My advice for adults with Aspergers like me is follow your dreams, be passionate about what you do and job satisfaction will follow.

Well done Sparkyrob, it sounds like things are going really well for you on the work front :thumbs: .

Alex has been working in a supermarket for a few months now, he's also just started a music production course that is government funded provided he also completes a drug awareness course. The courses are accredited and he gets certificates at the end. Things are going really well for him now after so many knock-backs and not being able to look to the future. Music/music production is Alex's big thing, so being accepted on the course was a dream come true for him :thumbs: .

Annie

xx