oxgirl

So down ............

Sorry guys, I know it sounds pathetic, but I'm so devastated. I'm having a lot of trouble with my neck and everytime I go running I get pounding headaches and I think I'm going to have to stop running. :crying:

It's just that, that was the only thing I had that was for ME, it made me feel so good about myself and now it's been taken away I feel like it's the last straw. Being a runner made me feel like a real person, like I mattered, like I was a part of the world and now I don't feel like I have anything that's mine. And I'll probably put on three stone and feel even more ugly than I do already.

Sorry, maybe it's a stupid thing, and maybe no-one will understand, it's just that I feel like I've lost part of myself and there's nothing left of me that's worth anything. :tearful:

Thanks for listening to my whine.

~ Mel ~

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

you are so much more than a runner.you are a truly amazing person for being you.

i know its hard to not be able to do things that you need to do.i have endometriosis so a lot of the things i used to do can longer be done.housework was my thing(i know im mad)i loved the hoover.but i cant lift it now or push it.i cant work anymore as a carer and i loved it.but the thing is there are lots of things we can do.i have a garden which was grossly ignored for a long time so i kicked hubby into touch and now its gorgeous.i have planted so many lvely things and i have the satisfaction of knowing i did it.i also read thats my escape.and i just took up knitting baby clothes and when i have a basket full i take them to the local social services and donate them for the babies that are taken into care.occasionally i see babies in prams wearing the clothes i made.ultimate satisfaction.

what i am trying to say is that there is a whole world out there with a bucket full of things we can do to escape in.

dont be down,we are here.god bless.

>:D<<'>

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

you are so much more than a runner.you are a truly amazing person for being you.

i know its hard to not be able to do things that you need to do.i have endometriosis so a lot of the things i used to do can longer be done.housework was my thing(i know im mad)i loved the hoover.but i cant lift it now or push it.i cant work anymore as a carer and i loved it.but the thing is there are lots of things we can do.i have a garden which was grossly ignored for a long time so i kicked hubby into touch and now its gorgeous.i have planted so many lvely things and i have the satisfaction of knowing i did it.i also read thats my escape.and i just took up knitting baby clothes and when i have a basket full i take them to the local social services and donate them for the babies that are taken into care.occasionally i see babies in prams wearing the clothes i made.ultimate satisfaction.

what i am trying to say is that there is a whole world out there with a bucket full of things we can do to escape in.

dont be down,we are here.god bless.

>:D<<'>

Thanks becci for your reply and kindness. >:D<<'>

I just can't seem to get over it at the moment, all I want to do is go out for a run, it's like I'm in mourning. I know there are many people so much worse off than me, but I'd finally found something that made me feel good and I can't think of anything else I want to do at the moment. :tearful:

~ Mel ~

Thanks becci for your reply and kindness. >:D<<'>

I just can't seem to get over it at the moment, all I want to do is go out for a run, it's like I'm in mourning. I know there are many people so much worse off than me, but I'd finally found something that made me feel good and I can't think of anything else I want to do at the moment. :tearful:

~ Mel ~

what about swimming?????

Oxgirl >:D<<'>

I have had problems with my neck for years, too.

I found chiropractic treatment really good to sort out the underlying problem.

Plus, I have just bought an orthopedic pillow which has made an amazing difference. Could you at least try one of these??

Good luck >:D<<'>

Boho :dance:

Edited by bid

Mel, I would seek professional help. You never know, it could help. There are other sports too, which you could consider, that don't place so much stress on your neck. Take care >:D<<'>

Thanks guys, :tearful:

Yep, I've spent over �60 on chiro treatment over the last few weeks and as soon as I run the problem just returns. I can't stand swimming. I just wanna run. :(

Sorry.

~ Mel ~