Ian Jordan

I'd appreciate comments on web site

Is ther anything major that I have missed out?

Any comments as to its relevance to ASD would be appreciated

www.jordanseyes.com

Edited by Ian Jordan

Site looks great (just wish I lived nearer!)

I did notice a typo on the face blindness page.... you have written 'lok' instead of look. But a minor detail! Actually very scary to see those examples as a parent because you think that maybe yor child is seeing people like that :unsure: But very useful too.

A x

Well you've got me scared now. Since you first posted in a thread I started on auditory difficulties I was having, particularly at conferences and seminars, I've been reading and thinking about this a lot, but as a postgrad student I simply can't afford to do anything about it even though I can see that it could have major implications/benefits for me: I haven't had a normal eyetest because of the costs of new lenses.

On the facial perception - mine's the first one (after the 'real' one) - the hair and rest of the body is fine for me but I simply don't see faces - however, for me this is normal and I wonder what effect changing my 'normal' would have on me. This could be quite useful to help explain it to others. And then there's the assess yourself - well if 10+ is 'major problems' I, at 14 1/2 (I gave myself a 1/2 for one because it's only a problem when I'm tired, so probably doesn't count, but as I get really tired doing all the reading my tudy involves it does have an effcet on me), am clearly doomed.

I hope that doesn't sound negative at all - I'll have a look through the rest of the site when I have a bit more time but I was drawn there by aro's comment on face blindness - but as aro says the site looks really good and very useful. I just find it very difficult knowing that there could be something that might help me with some of the key issues I face that cause me difficulties in access to the career I so desperately want, but that I, and I'm sure others like me, can't access because such servives are not covered by the NHS. Oh - I couldn't get the 'asperger's video' to work (the others did) but I've probably done something wrong.

Ian,

The website does look great and easy to use. There's quite a lot on there and initally I have just had a look at aspergers. I too will have a good look through the rest of the site when I have more time.

Good luck with this venture.

Clare x x x

Look at charges - we assess through the NHS

If you are a student you should be able to claim costs of specs etc back - that means it is lkely that it will be free for you.

It is free for children - reports cost a lot though (I hate writing them) but I encourage people to bring video cameras

I noticed a small mistype on the AS page - visual perception was typed visual eprception. I did wonder if the video might be better placed under ADHD?

Great site though, lots of information and very informative.

Hi Ian,

I've had a first look through and the site is really interesting...I'm figuring out how I can get to you now :)

One thing I couldn't find on the site was 'How to book an appointment'? - Have I missed it somewhere?

Also, something like appts are generally available between x oclock - X pm Mon - thur etc, or whatever it is :)

Thanks again

Lisa

Thank you for looking - the comments are really helpful

appointments - not always regular because of my research commitments - but just phone for appointment.

If you are coming a long way - make sure the receptionist knows you need 2 appointments

best wishes

Ian

Edited by Ian Jordan

Wow! I hadn't realised you were so close. Would like to make appointment for C, as the whole coloured sheets for reading and possible Mears Irlen thing has not been resolved and things have just been left for now as he doesn't use his acetate sheets. Would C still be classed as NHS even though he's been "assessed" already on the island by an optometrist?

Ian had a quick look - can't read the 1st page after home because the content list covers half the writing on the first page.

If you click on the 'test' link (Have I got it?) all you get in an open window with nothing in it.

Louise

If your child is having visual problems then they can be assessed again but it may be necessary to get permission.

ph 01292 284555 and we will advise

Wow! I hadn't realised you were so close. Would like to make appointment for C, as the whole coloured sheets for reading and possible Mears Irlen thing has not been resolved and things have just been left for now as he doesn't use his acetate sheets. Would C still be classed as NHS even though he's been "assessed" already on the island by an optometrist?

Is ther anything major that I have missed out?

Any comments as to its relevance to ASD would be appreciated

www.jordanseyes.com

I wish i lived near enough.My son was diagnosed with dysprazia last week,so i was very interested in that part.

if you have a child with dyspraxia - it is essential that they see someone to find out

What is the cause

Treat as appropriate

Vision is not the only cause of dyspraxia - it is however the easiest to remedy - and results are immediate.

Please treat as urgent - the earlier it is sorted the better!

There are a number of people that can do a really good job - in England (unlike Scotland) it is not available through the NHS

PM me and I will recommend someone

Hi Ian,

I've only had a quick look - especially just the 'Aspergers' page and didn't know if the 'muscle tonus' is a medical word or whether it is a typo - also first line 'a peson with Aspergers'.

I have to say the whole thing looks so interesting that it makes you want to make an appointment straight away - although I'm not quite sure if perhaps more detail could be put on the links between everything - it's just that first off you think it's just for eyes then you read all symptoms and the areas you would assess - but it isn't explaining how they are linked - I know very little about all this although I've read a few threads previously I'm completely in the dark about how say 'gait' or 'touch', 'swallow', muscle strength etc can be affected or assessed through someone's eyes.

My daughter has loads of difficulties that are sensory together with gait and muscle strength/co-ordination (i.e. can't take a top off a pop bottle etc) problems - and the thought of having something to help would be so marvellous I can't think about it without getting excited - but on the other hand don't want to get excited if I'm misreading something here.

Will take a much longer look lunchtime.........

Many thanks,

Take care,

Jb

'muscle tonus' is a medical word for muscle tone /strength.

I have to say the whole thing looks so interesting that it makes you want to make an appointment straight away - although I'm not quite sure if perhaps more detail could be put on the links between everything - it's just that first off you think it's just for eyes then you read all symptoms and the areas you would assess - but it isn't explaining how they are linked - I know very little about all this although I've read a few threads previously I'm completely in the dark about how say 'gait' or 'touch', 'swallow', muscle strength etc can be affected or assessed through someone's eyes.

Too much to put on website - but I have put a couple of books on site that you can download which give a lot more info

My daughter has loads of difficulties that are sensory together with gait and muscle strength/co-ordination (i.e. can't take a top off a pop bottle etc) problems - and the thought of having something to help would be so marvellous I can't think about it without getting excited - but on the other hand don't want to get excited if I'm misreading something here.

Will take a much longer look lunchtime.........

good news is that the reality is much better than the website

Many thanks,

Take care,

Jb