Sign in to follow this  
mrs fussy

MP'S???

Hi can i ask if anyone has contacted there MP as regards to a bad situation at school. When e-mailing them how much information have you included. Basically i think my sons school have sent differant information to the LEA as regards to my sons exclusion than they have given me. I have tried to get information(written) from the LEA inclusion/exclusion officer and was told they could not give it me in writing and were asking to why i wanted this information(the head and the LEA inclusion officer are quite pally) and although she has given me SOME information(verbally) i want it in writing as they can retract things said on the telephone. I was wondering are they able to refuse me this information in writing, and would my MP be able to put the neccessary pressure on to get this information.I have signed lots of forms but there have been lots of blank spaces on paper work and i am worried that they have added things afterwards and shuffled paperwork around. I know this all sounds very underhanded of the school but i just dont trust them. How long do i ahve to appeal an exclusion with the LEA does anyone know. Also do i have the right to look at all the information that parent partnership hold on my son. Mrs F x

Hi MRSFUSSY,

I haven't personally had experience with an exclusion but my local MP has been very helpful with me with other issues - he's also helped find placements for a child i knew that had been excluded from several schools so i'd advise that you give it a try! I'm currently having battles myself with my LEA so i quite believe your concerns regarding the unhanded stuff going on!!!

I know you're probably aware of this but heres some NAS info about exclusions hope its some help!

http://www.nas.org.uk/nas/jsp/polopoly.jsp...215&a=11910

Good luck with it all! >:D<<'>

Hi MRSFUSSY,

I haven't personally had experience with an exclusion but my local MP has been very helpful with me with other issues - he's also helped find placements for a child i knew that had been excluded from several schools so i'd advise that you give it a try! I'm currently having battles myself with my LEA so i quite believe your concerns regarding the unhanded stuff going on!!!

I know you're probably aware of this but heres some NAS info about exclusions hope its some help!

http://www.nas.org.uk/nas/jsp/polopoly.jsp...215&a=11910

Good luck with it all! >:D<<'>

Thanks for your reply thats really helpful and also thankyou for the support. x x x

Hi,

The advisory cantre for education (ACE) in islington London will send out a pack on exclusions if your child has been excluded.Telephone no on their web site.

They have advice on their website www.ace-ed.org.uk and an advice line that has specific times to contact them. You can click and buy their advice sheets that are helpful for all including governors.

Mand