ASue67

Not coping very well at moment..................

Am having such a ###### time at the moment................... everytime I take my boys out together they cause so many problems and embarass me. Yesterday I took them to my dad's for his birthday. We went out to a retail park in the afternoon so my dad and his partner could help the boys to get a card and pressie for me for my birthday in a couple of weeks time. So far so good.................... then I picked up some T-shirts for them (in George at Asda) and let them choose a couple of dvds that were reduced.

Still doing ok............... then Mike (ASD) informs Chris (NT) that he will watch his dvds as well as his own (this always happens) so Chris gets in a mood (understandably) and starts shouting at me (in the middle of Asda)........... Mike carried on telling him he was going to watch them, Chris carried on getting stressed.................. and so it goes on. We get back to go in my dad's car and Chris wants to go to the park but Mike doesn't so am trying to coax Mike so Chris can go and have a kick around with his ball but Chris keeps butting in and making matters worse so then Chris storms out of the car and runs off.............. takes me 10 mins to track him down and get him back to the car. So we just went back to my dad's, no park.................. Mike is now stressed cos of all the arguing and noise (he is very sensitive to sounds etc) so he is getting more and more agitated which is not good. Back at my dad's I am sat in tears in the garden. Dad doesn't really understand what Mike's dx means (even though I have tried to explain it all) so he says I am too soft on them and I need to toughen up.

Eventually drove back from my dad's (1 hour drive) and get in the house and pick up the post.............. letter from ex-husbands solicitor complaining about access arrangements for the boys and saying I either comply with what he wants (no changes) or have to go to mediation. My ex doesn't understand about Mike and the way he is and has already accused my of having munchaussens by proxy and not looking after the boys properly (he left me and had an affair when I was pregnant with Mike).

Sorry for rant but am feeling so worn out and depressed by everything at moment.

Just seems to be one thing after another at the moment :crying:

Awwww Sue, I am so sorry to hear you are having a tough time at the moment, I find it hard enough, but being a single Mum to two must be very difficult especially when things just don't go to plan and the children are playing each other up. I think friends and family take a very long time to understand a dx, if at all sometimes, and when we need the support most its not forthcoming and those close to end up saying things like "toughen up" or "you spoil them kids" ........... very unhelp, often as not I then end up doubting myself.

Anyway rant away on here, we all understand, can give you lots of support and lots a hugs >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> and a nice cyber cuppa a of tea :curlers: , take care hun your doing a brilliant job with your boys.

Clare x x x

Hanging on there with you! Nt dd and ASD son have been "at" each other all through the holidays, dd just will not take on board how to deal with ds. Am sick of fighting, shouting, swearing and just want to hide. Ds has been prescribed Risperdal today so feeling guilty about that and hoping it will help at the same time!

Hope your day has picked up and you get your ex sorted out, just what you need on top of day to day life!!

Clinging on there with you!!

Carrie

Thanks! Been another bad day so far.............. hanging on by a thread at the moment!

:tearful:

Sorry to hear that yet another day is not going well for you, Sue. It happens to us all - can get a real stretch of days sometimes too when nothing positive seems to happen. Your day out with your boys sounds very similar to what happens to us too. One plays off the other, one annoys the other, huge tantrums all round, and the day seems ruined, life seems hopeless, and yes, I end up feeling crumpled in the garden too. Hang in there, Sue - you are not alone in this - we all have days and moments like that too. You are doing great. Remember that when the chips start flying again!

>:D<<'>

ddh