Confusedmum

The Happy positive Thread !!

Hi all,

Right as a parent of a very clever special quirky little girl, :wub: who has resently been dx (but still unoffical) with AS.

I would really love to hear about your positive acheivements (or your DCs). My DD is hell bent on being a doctor !! (shes 5 btw) when she grow up, and i have no doubt that she will achevie whatever she sets her heart on !! :pray:

so come on peeps i need your positive vibes !! :thumbs:

ok here goes but it's not that great (well i think so really but trying to be modest)

my 13 year old hardly verbal child has reached national curriculum level 1 in ICT and maths.

we were told he would never achieve anything. so really pleased that he has shown them what he can do.

oh and he has moved up to Blue biff and chip books.

hope this qualifies!

>:D<<'>

ok here goes but it's not that great (well i think so really but trying to be modest)

my 13 year old hardly verbal child has reached national curriculum level 1 in ICT and maths.

we were told he would never achieve anything. so really pleased that he has shown them what he can do.

oh and he has moved up to Blue biff and chip books.

hope this qualifies!

You must be so thrilled - it must have been a wonderful feeling after being told that - it just goes to prove that you can never say never.

There are loads of things that has made my heart feel like it's going to burst - from sleeping on her own at 7, learning to swim when she was 12, to eating a carrot and being aware of her feelings of hunger and thirst.

But I suppose for more recently, here goes.......

Our daughter's just turned 14 and after missing nearly all of year 7 and more than half of year 8 - she had 75% attendance for year 9 which we were so proud of.

She struggles so much with all the school thing and yet she's just achieved a level 7+ in both English and Art. She drew my avator on her graphic tablet - she loves japanese anime (well it's one!!! of her obsessions!) and would love to be either something to do with drawing anime or a lawyer!!! (she ties me in knots with her constant questioning and although her short term memory is terrible - she never forgets certain things that I've said).

Take care,

Jb

Edited by jb1964

Wow you both must be chuffed to bits well done to both of your DC.

My Daughters latest big acheivement is to be dry at night, she has done so well we are now down to about 1 accient per week and she is so proud of herself, i even heard her tell our neighbour all about it over the fence yesterday, bless her :wub:

my steve is 14 and phoned me tonight and was quite rude then he phoned me back 5 mins later to apologise for being rude :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: that is a very big acheivement for my steven,also he wants me to get an application form for him to audition on the x factor :rolleyes::rolleyes: he cant sing a note bless him but hes showing something positive to do :thumbs: