bid

On a high!

Back at the beginning of the year I told my line manager that I had been referred to Cambridge for an assessment to see if I had AS, and last night I told her that I had been given a formal dx last month. I also told the Team Leader of the other team who was doing overtime on my team last night, and my no. 2.

I'm on such a high, because the response was so fantastic and supportive :D

It obviously helps that I work in a residesi special school, and have been there nearly 3 years now. I was also promoted to Team Leader at the end of last term, with my line manager fully aware of my referral.

My line manager was so lovely, and said I was just Bid with all the same strengths and weaknesses I'd always had, and that she had always felt proud to have me as part of her team, and privileged that I had told her :tearful:

My other two colleagues were brilliant too, and after we'd talked a bit about my AS, they said how helpful it was to have that kind of insight into the kids we work with. I'd also spent a long time helping my no.2 work out some visual timetables and task cards for her DS who is going through the dx process.

I hope I don't sound smuggy or swanky :unsure: It's just that I feel so lucky to have ended up working where I do with such a great team. Mind you, other colleagues might react differently, but I do hope I help people see that you can be autistic and still have a 'normal' life, with a job, etc.

I must go to bed now as I'm working tonight, too, but I just feel so buzzy after last night :D

And, my DH teaches in a special school where they are in the middle of an intensive training programme with the county autism team. He told them about me, and they have asked if I would talk to them. I think I will, but just to the autism team at first to see how I go, and it would have to be them asking me questions rather than me 'giving a talk' as I can't do that (although if they ask questions I won't be able to stop talking when I answer :lol: ).

Bid :D:clap:

Edited by bid

Thats fantastic bid >:D<<'>

You dont sound smuggy & swanky at all - I wish there were more adult aspies who were open & upfront about their dx, it gives hope to our children xx

:)>:D<<'>

Wonderful news Bid - and isn't it amazing how things work out and everything comes together? I remember you posting on here ages ago about having to find a job and you weren't sure what you were going to do. You could have ended up anywhere, but it's turned out to be exactly the right place. :)

Good luck in your new advisory role as well - when you're travelling round the country on speaking engagements, and you need an agent/PA, let me know! :lol:

K x

I'm glad it went well. I am still trying to tell my employer. I think they will be fairly understanding too and accept me the way I am. Do you want to come and talk to my boss too? :lol:

And then when you've talked to Tally's boss, do you want to come into my university and make disabilty witch listen - I reckon with a few of us from the forum sitting on top of her to hold her down you'll have a 'captive' audience :lol: :lol:

Seriously though that's really good news. I showed my writing about myself (quite like Tally did) to my supervisor today and he was really really positive about it - I had no need to be fearful as I was. We're going together to see one of the profs. of my research group with it next week before I let others in the group have it so I'm just hoping they'll all be as positive as your lot were :thumbs:

:notworthy::notworthy: Awesome Bid :D>:D<<'> and Awesome Mumble :thumbs::thumbs: sit on the witch and hold her down :lol::thumbs: thats what I'd like to see :devil: you are sounding more positive and assertive Mumble.

Cheers to Bid and Mumble :dance: this is definitely worth celebrating - where is the champagne. :gather::wine::cheers: :cheers:

I could be your agent in Australia :thumbs:

Whoo hoo!!

Love

Frang xx :robbie::robbie: