Viper

Game chair thingies

Those chair whatsits that you sit in when playing console games.

Here, I'll show you a picture cos I aint got a clue how to describe it. http://www.argos.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/s...=17&go.y=13

OK, one of them things. Has anyone got one, know someone who has one or any experience of them at all? Superman wants one for his birthday on the 29th and I have no idea if they are any good. He wanted a bike but I convinced him it would be a waste as he never goes outside the house to use one. The last one he had is rotting away outside, hardly used.

Sorry, no experience- but what about suggesting something more useful and can be used indoors. If you have a garden a trampoline is a great gift. Any hobbies- lego; knex and stuff. my boy likes electronic stuff very much and I found hot wires great. If he is into games eyetoy is fantastic (and not expensive) to get him exercised while playing games.

Sorry for not being of more help.

I know what you're talking about! :)....I have looked at these as well although have't got one as yet...but...you have just re-given me the idea for my son's bday next month :)

My son does like his 'own' chairs and has one for lazing and 2 for eating at the moment, I think if he does a lot of gaming they are prob a 'nice to have' esp when you've prob run out of ideas like I have!

I think you can get others that are more just chairs/storage for drink etc whilst they play rather than ones that provide the noise/vibrations etc - although can't think where I saw those at the mo :( - will have a think)

If you think your's would like the additional noise and the 'feel' etc I'd go for it...I think mine would need the quieter version as he's not that keen on when the handset vibrates in his hand for certain games.

No idea if any of this is useful! >:D<<'>

Sorry, no experience- but what about suggesting something more useful and can be used indoors. If you have a garden a trampoline is a great gift. Any hobbies- lego; knex and stuff. my boy likes electronic stuff very much and I found hot wires great. If he is into games eyetoy is fantastic (and not expensive) to get him exercised while playing games.

Sorry for not being of more help.

We already have a trampoline. He isn't really into toys, he has a lot of lego and K'nex that he doesn't really use. and we have eye toy too. but thanks for the ideas anyway. I might sugest we add to his lego collection.

llisa32 he likes the total interaction thing with his games so I think he would enjoy the chair.

From the looks of it these gaming chairs are actually quite useful, especially as they seem to enhance the gaming environment, immersing the gamer into the game more.

For me, Lego is no more useful than this chair :D

As for the chairs, not used one myself (I'm waiting until they bring ones out with arms on them....I hate chairs with no arms on them!!) but they seem to be all about providing a more surround sound experience for the gamer. A bit like how surround sound is supposed to get you into the film more. They also seem to be capable of acting as speakers for MP3 players which is pretty cool.

The only negative I can see with the one you have provided the link too is the recline factor of the chair. Now bear with me because this might not make a lot of sense :lol: If you look in the picture the kid, when sitting on the chair, ends up playing the games in a fairly laid back reclined position. Nowt wrong with that, I'm not bothered about effect on posture or all that malarky but Superman could find this thing quite hard to sit on depending on how he plays games. If he does slouch back when playing games, or chills out on his bed then go for it, the chair should mimic his 'playing style' and he shouldn't have a problem. If Superman is like me and he plays sat upright or even leans forward to concentrate more then I think he might have problems getting comfy while sat on the chair. If you look the chair seems to be able to rock back and forth and I just imagined how I would sit on it...I'd end up sitting perched on the front lip of it I think and I can imagine that might be quite difficult to do in that chair, I think it might try to rock back into the slouch position all the time or tip forward and send me head over heels!!! I'm hoping this is translating from my weirdy brain and is making sense :lol: I'm also worried that the positioning of the chair could give you a bad neck depending on where the tv is in relation to the chair. If the tv is up slightly higher I don't think it would be a problem but if it was level too or slightly lower I can imagine that would force you to sit with your chin more towards your chest and I'm thinking my neck might be a bit sore after a while of this.

Anyway, from the link you provided there is another link at the bottom of the page to the adult version of the chair. This chair is more upright and might be more useful for the more upright gamer :D The only downside is, is that it's about �10 more but another plus is that this one seems to fold away for easier storage. This might be the better option but I would try and sneak a peak at how Superman plays his games first before you make a decision.

The only other thing I couldn't see was whether it was compatible with the Nintendo Wii or not. I don't know whether your son has a Nintendo Wii but I had a hunt on the internet and couldn't find anything to say whether they were compatible or not. Apparently they are compatible with any device which has RCA connectivity or adaptability, whatever the heck that means. I have a Nintendo Wii and I still don't know whether it has the RCA malarky or not :lol: I shall ask Neil sometime today because, well, he's much smarter than I am :D

Hope all this nonsense makes a little bit of sense!

Emily

xxx

Emily, it all makes perfect sense to me. i think the Wii may fit as it takes game cube but wii is a more active console and everyone seems to stand up when they play it in my house, so I don't think it will be a problem.

I had a look at the adult one and if we get one we will get the adult one. It has better sound thingies, well DH put it another way but I am just not gadget/techie minded. :rolleyes: So, thanks for your input, it was a great help.

Ah, no worries!

I asked Neil when he came home for his lunch and he said it should work with the Wii, told you he was smarter :D

I did think, once I'd posted, that you would probably play the Wii standing up anyway (not me though, I've played Wii Sports and ended up nearly punching myself in the face playing the boxing/baseball...don't play that one much anymore) but for less energetic Wii games like Legend of Zelda I imagined the addition of kick bum sound would make the game that little bit more special :thumbs:

Anyway, all's sorted now, hopefully it will be good if you decide to get it :)

Emily

xxx