Minxygal

Post back to school Blues

We've spent 6 weeks concentrating on the kids and not daring to spend any of our precious time thinking and now the kids have gone back to school and we have time to think all the bad stuff comes to the forefront, if you think about it it happens at this time every year.

It's the post back to school blues and it gets to many of us. This years has been a bad one for me and I spent 3 days bursting into tears at the drop of a hat. Anyone else suffering?

Big time :tearful: Mine have been back to school for almost 2 weeks. Last week I was feeling a little optimistic, but afraid to feel so. This week that god awful feeling that its all going to go ###### up is back with a vengance.

My daughter has just started middle school, there is a no hugging rule. My daughter hugs everyone. Ive been told to try and stop her hugging people because of child protection issues.

Now we have been told she has to wear trousers, because wearing a skirt she reveals her knickers during circle time, other children are noticing, and staff have complained its inapropiate behaviour.

They want her to become more independant, after such little time, they want her to walk from the classroom to the gate unaided. This is because her TA finishes at 2.45 and they have someone from 2.45 til 3.15, obviously they want to drop that. Well tough, she is statemented for 32 hours a week FULL one to one.

They asked me permission yesterday if it was ok to start adding in sanctions for refusal to work. They want to keep her in at breaktimes. There has been a lot of talk of "independance" in other words they want to start reducing the support. Over my dead body. Its taken me 4 yrs to get the support we have now.

Then my son, they spent a good while prepping him for new teacher. His teacher is on maternity so he has a temp who my son isnt getting on with. My son is placid, does what he can not to be noticed. Hes been punished 3 times this week. The other day the teacher said "look whos getting stressy" after she made him run around the field again after he didnt run fast enough the second time. :tearful:

All the feelings have come back. That dred, the awful feeling in the put of my guts that these people continue to try stuffing a square peg in a round hole. They want to change my children, to fit into a mould that does not fit them. Im sick of it.

Yes, same here. I really enjoyed the holidays, we had such a nice time. Felt refreshed and healed and ready for the start of another year. Two days in and that optimism and positive feeling had been well and truly knocked out of me, didn't take them long. The following week, just as I was recovering from the first week's traumas and trying to look on the positive side once again, something else comes along to knock me right back down to that bad, bad place again. Now, going into the third week I'm already battle weary and exhausted and feel like I've had the stuffing knocked out of me. Can't find the energy to gather myself up anymore just to have me beaten back down again, I just can't do it anymore. :tearful:

~ Mel ~

Big time Mine have been back to school for almost 2 weeks. Last week I was feeling a little optimistic, but afraid to feel so. This week that god awful feeling that its all going to go ###### up is back with a vengance.

My daughter has just started middle school, there is a no hugging rule. My daughter hugs everyone. Ive been told to try and stop her hugging people because of child protection issues.

I WOULD SAY TO THE SCHOOL THIS IS NOT SOMETHING YOU CAN CONTROL. YOU SUGGEST THEY SEEK ADVICE FROM THE AUTISTIC OUTREACH UNIT AS SHE NEEDS A PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME SUITABLE FOR A CHILD WITH ASD? YOU SUGGEST SOCIAL STORIES CLARIFYING THIS BUT MAKE THEM AWARE SHE DOES TAKE THINGS LITERALLY AND IF NOT DONE PROPERLY THIS COULD AFFECT HER - IT REALLY SHOULD BE SOMETHING IN HER STATEMENT THAT THEY SHOULD BE TAKING ACTIONS ABOUT!!!!!!!

Now we have been told she has to wear trousers, because wearing a skirt she reveals her knickers during circle time, other children are noticing, and staff have complained its inapropiate behaviour.

LITTLE GIRLS SCRATCHAND BOYS RUB ITS A FACT OF LIFE, I THINK THEY ARE SIGNELLING HER OUT. aGAIN THIS SHOWS THE NEED FOR A PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME , THE NAS OR THE AUTISTIC SUPPORT SHOULD BE ABLE TO HELP THEM IF THEY TRY AND LOOK FOR SOLUTIONS!They want her to become more independant, after such little time, they want her to walk from the classroom to the gate unaided. This is because her TA finishes at 2.45 and they have someone from 2.45 til 3.15, obviously they want to drop that. Well tough, she is statemented for 32 hours a week FULL one to one.

THIS IS COMPLETE RUBBISH AND WHILST IT WOULD SAVE THE SCHOOL EFFORT AND MONEY IT WONT WORK. SHE HAS 1 TO 1 BECAUSE SHE NEEDS THIS SUPPORT AND YOU NEED TO BE ABLE TO TALK TO A MEMBER OF STAFF ABOUT HER DAY SO AS TO AVOID PROBELMS WITH BEHAVIOUR, COMMUNICATION ETC AT HOME. wHY DOES HER TA FINISH SO EARLY, SHE HAS BEEN EMPLOYED TO DO A JOBAND SHE SHOULD BE STAYING UNTIL THE END OF SCHOOL. I THINK THEY ARENT PAYING HER FOR THIS EXTRA 30 MINS AND TRYING TO DO IT ON THE CHEAP - ASK WHY THIS IS HAPPENING?

They asked me permission yesterday if it was ok to start adding in sanctions for refusal to work. They want to keep her in at breaktimes. There has been a lot of talk of "independance" in other words they want to start reducing the support. Over my dead body. Its taken me 4 yrs to get the support we have now.

INDEPENDANCE DOESNT JUST HAPPEN, ESPECIALY IN WEEK 2 OF BEING BACK IN SCHOOL WITH A NEW TEACHER ETC, SHE HAS TO BE FEELING CONFIDENT FIRST. THEY ARE SUGGESTING SANCTIONS BEFORE THEY GET TO KNOW HER AND ARE PUNISHING HER FOR BEING DIFFERENT. WHAT HAVE THEY DONE TO ASCERTAIN WHY SHE IS REFUSING TO WORK, IS IT TOO HARD ETC. HAS SHE A VISUAL TIMETABLE, IS IT A PARTICULAR LESSON, CHANGE OF TECHJER ETC. THESE ARE THE QUESTIONS THEY SHOULD BE ASKING AND HAVE LOOKED INTO BEFORE CONSIDERING SANCTIONS.

I WOULD WRITE A POLITE BUT VERY STRONGLY WORDED LETTER LETTER REFERRING THEM TO THESE POINTS AND ASKING THEM WHAT THEY HAVE ACTUALLY DONE TO SETTLE HER IN AND SUPPORT HER. i SUSPECT NOTHING.

at the end of last week i felt like this, tears where flowing friday day and night - my head is all over the place, im panicking about things all day ...struggling to relax cos im worryin if he is ok all day. he is in a new year (year one) after 2 years with a teacher from nursery , a teacher who knew him inside out and really got the best out of him. Now he is constantly telling me that everything is "taking too long" and he never gets to play anymore as you only get to play when you have got your work done so the slow ones dont get to play(except from playtime) and he says his new teacher just keeps telling him he will be fine, im treading a line with myself at the moment , not knowing should i intervene or should i just let him carry on and maybe he will be ok ..he is only 5 but his teacher actually said they will be working on joined up writing soon !!! its far too soon to be putting max pressure on i need his confidance to soar first and if he thinks she isnt listening. he also says he cant concentrate cos the classrooms too noisy

he hates writing ...he can do it but hates it cos its not perfect, he hasnt got a statement and has had no external LEA input , i emailed the local Senco and guess what her email doenst work ...