krystaltps

Let's hear it for the girls!

C has just had another bad party experience... yet another pool party ended in tears and meltdown. He doesn't want me to stay anymore ("I'm not a baby, mum!"), but he's usually ok while they are in swimming. I tried to pre-empt this one by going to the pool early, so I'd be there when the kids all came out of the pool to get dressed and eat... but alas it had already happened. Just boys being boys, but C doesn't understand and gets in a state and then the boys go in for the attack. Poor wee soul was hysterical but refused to leave early so we sat together in a corner, rocking and crying (him, not me :unsure: although I may have rocked a bit too - it's rather infectious you know :tearful: ).

Trying to look on the bright side though - aren't girls adorable? All the girls were really concerned and kept asking him to come sit with him and ignore the stupid boys. The hostess eventually persuaded him to join her and she took him off with her arm around him, got him a juice and firmly sat him down at her table, where all the girls clucked around to dry his tears. What stars!

C is recovered now and is claiming "Girl-power"! He is only ever going to talk to girls and ignore all boys apparently.

I just love girls!

Thats so sweet of them :notworthy: , My DD also seems to have this effect on some of her girlfriend they all seem to mother her (when she lets them near her,lol). Even DD2 who almost 3 trys to mother DD1 (5) all the time, its comical really.

I also really admire your DS stain power it must have been really stuff for him to stick it out. >:D<<'>

:tearful:>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> to you and your boy. Sometimes I hate parties!! Yes I've noticed that girls (generally) want to try and include O in their play. Boys tend to ignore him or sometimes laugh. You gave him every support possible while still trying to help him have abit ofi ndependence, sometimes life is horribly cruel to our children.

Hope you're both ok >:D<<'> >:D<<'> Elun xxx

Thanks for your replies peeps. Not sure if it's training MumbleRocks, I can take no credit for it - perhaps it's more innate! Bless.

I do think parties should be banned - C has never coped with them (I was first introduced to the delights of self-harm at a party when he was 3 years old), yet he insists on going to them. I prefer the parties where we enter with gift and leave 3 minutes later minus gift - that's his usual tactic, unfortunately he's a bit of a water baby and there's no avoiding the pool parties.

He has been insisting that he has his own party in January for his 9th birthday :tearful: - I think we might have an ASD party - where we all refuse to talk to each other, have no music and no games and sit in corners warily eyeing each other up and fidgeting with our Nintendo DSs - if we could convice all the guests to do that, C might just enjoy himself, lol :rolleyes: .

Feel for you, kt >:D<<'>

He's 18 now & we are done with that, thank goodness.

Well at least I THOUGHT we were, till he got invited to an 18th! (Yes, it was a girl) He coped magnificently, & that turned out to be the only one he was invited to all year. Not sure whether I'm happy or sad about that one.

Both my boys seem to gravitate towards girls, and I think its because girls are so much more sensitive and understanding than boys. Neither of my boys are the street cred sporty types, so I guess they feel they have more in common with girls. >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> I wonder if anyone elses AS boys are like this?

Awwww bless him. It is awful. Maisie seems not to realise that kids are being horrible yet, so just sort of tags along.

I find myself doing the infectious rocking too lol. And her birthday party was very low key which was lucky because she decided 10 mins before she wasnt going :rolleyes: tried to explain you usually go to your own party lol.....but in the end used the think of all your presents line lol. :unsure: she did go in the end lol.

Aw your poor son, at least the gilrs were really sensitive to his needs and it seemed the hostess was gd too. >:D<<'>

My son graviates towards boys more, he comes across very street wise which obvioulsy older boys love and in the past he has been teased by girls (I think it's an age thing, with girls that is!!) so now if girls even look at hime in a way he doesn't like he's gets all defensive especially if there is 2 or more. I put most of this down to two girls copying and mimicking his words, actions and movements on a bus one day, arghhhhh

Party's he very rarely does, doesn't get invited and the ones he does get invited to he spends most of his time hiding behind the door!! :wallbash: