Flora

daddy long legs

I hate them. I'm a total arachnophobic and daddy long legs are just spiders with wings :tearful:

There are millions of them here. There's even one entombed in a candle from last night. It's just moulded into the candle and I know it's dead and will never move again... but I'm too frightened to even go near the candle to light it.

I've just managed to squish one with and envelope but there's at least 3 more waiting to come in and go 'zzzzip' in my ear.

*shudder*

flora :huh:

They're disgusting. I tend to leave lights on and windows open, and realise too late that the room is full of them. :o

We don't seem to have had too many so far, luckily.

K x

Dunno if you watched Ricky Gervais' "Animals" but apparently their venom is among the most poisonous substances known to man, but they have no means of delivering it! :wacko:

Also 'Daddy Long Legs' was a strip in my sisters' 'June And School Friend' annual when I was little... about a girl at boarding school who only ever saw her father's shadow reflected in the moonlight which made it look like he had abnormally long legs. It wasn't as good as 'The Four Mary's' or even 'Lettuce Leef', but it was OK :)

Sleep tight - and don't snore - the DLL's fly in while your mouths open :o

L&P

BD :D

hi

I have the perfect solution to your problems - a bat that looks like a tennis raquet but zaps insects!! The feeling of total power over insects is awesome and even a daddy long legs makes a very satisfying popping noise as it is electrocuted! Its even strong enough to kill wasps (the most evil creatures on earth!) and it even stunned a queen hornet.

I think Firebox.com sell them but it is worth googling it - you need never be afraid again!!!!

Stella x

I love Daddy Long Legs, splattering around with no intent they're brill,

Dunno if you watched Ricky Gervais' "Animals" but apparently their venom is among the most poisonous substances known to man, but they have no means of delivering it! :wacko:
, nope, incorrect I'm afraid Daddy lovely legs, not even a spider, so all in all wonderful little creatures.

I hate them. They deliberately buzz me because I hate them too!! (I know thats irrational but hey ho!). I put big pint glasses over them and leave my hubby to deal with them.

Lynne x

i hate them,they frighten me, was trying to watch tele last night and one kept buzzing in the lightshade so i wen to bed an there was one in the bedroom :wallbash::wallbash:

i used to have a dyson and hoovered them all up but then i could see all the dead ones in the see through bit so i stopped that

Edited by hev

My DDs boyfriend calls them hooley hoolies. It has something to do with the way they fly aimlesly.

I think they are really cool. The way they have no direction in life, just ramdom hurtling around. Brilliant, we could all take a leaf out of their book. Would make life so much more interesting.

could be quite interesting viper no worrys no comitment and they also live very long wat an easy life and also get to scare a few people as well :whistle:

lv donnaxxx

Get yourself a puss cat. My cat grabs them and then chews and crunches them up. Yum! :sick::lol:

~ Mel ~

We used to call them "Archies lunch" Archie was our Mynah bird and he loved them. You could hear his beak snap shut as he caught them. shame he died. Don't think it had anything to do with the DLL though.

We used to call them "Archies lunch" Archie was our Mynah bird and he loved them. You could hear his beak snap shut as he caught them. shame he died. Don't think it had anything to do with the DLL though.

It's the little leggies dangling out of the corner of her mouth that make me laugh! :lol:

~ Mel ~

Get yourself a puss cat. My cat grabs them and then chews and crunches them up. Yum! :sick::lol:

~ Mel ~

Our cat never liked them, unfortunately.

K x

You is all being horrible crueeel to one of gods creatures. :shame: JP has a humane spider trap which is never far from his side, & he doesnt take it too literally, has been used for daddy long legs, moths & wasps too B) He loves coming to the rescue when I scream :lol:

Pearl. I never kill anything . I always catch them and put the outside. My mynah cathing things was just his natural instinct. I drives my DH mad that I wont let him squash a spider. When we were in Cornwall recently, there were a few spiders in our caravan and when we left I caught all of them and put them out because I was worried the next people to stay there would kill them. :rolleyes:

Oh you lot make me giggle - you wooses you lot come and live in Australia I will show you some spiders :lol: :lol: I pick up daddy long legs and let them walk over my hand and up my arm, they are harmless, I love watching them run they look so funny.

There is one very easy way to get rid of them and thats with a vacuum.

We get Red Back spiders down the side of the house hey chase me down the side of the house as I try to walk past or sweep them away - if you try to hit them they jump. http://www.amonline.net.au/factSheets/redback.htm

But these are my biggest worry when I am doing the spring weeding and clearing out the wandering dew the funnel web spider http://www.amonline.net.au/factSheets/funnelweb.htm when they are about to attack they get on there back haunches and pounce at you - the red back spider can jump up to one foot but the funnel web can jump up to 1 metre. Their bite can penetrate a fingernail both are deadly.

Worst than them is the brown snake - they love sunbaking and soaking up the sun on the rocks - if you come across one of those you don't do a moon dance backwards thats too slow - they would jump up and bite you on the nose literally, so you run run run as fast as you can because they chase you - they can move faster than you could sprint no joke.

Now what was that about the humble Daddy long legs - you Brits are funny :lol: :lol: :notworthy::notworthy::thumbs:

>:D<<'> :whistle::lol:

Oh you lot make me giggle - you wooses you lot come and live in Australia I will show you some spiders :lol: :lol: I pick up daddy long legs and let them walk over my hand and up my arm, they are harmless, I love watching them run they look so funny.

There is one very easy way to get rid of them and thats with a vacuum.

We get Red Back spiders down the side of the house hey chase me down the side of the house as I try to walk past or sweep them away - if you try to hit them they jump. http://www.amonline.net.au/factSheets/redback.htm

But these are my biggest worry when I am doing the spring weeding and clearing out the wandering dew the funnel web spider http://www.amonline.net.au/factSheets/funnelweb.htm when they are about to attack they get on there back haunches and pounce at you - the red back spider can jump up to one foot but the funnel web can jump up to 1 metre. Their bite can penetrate a fingernail both are deadly.

Worst than them is the brown snake - they love sunbaking and soaking up the sun on the rocks - if you come across one of those you don't do a moon dance backwards thats too slow - they would jump up and bite you on the nose literally, so you run run run as fast as you can because they chase you - they can move faster than you could sprint no joke.

Now what was that about the humble Daddy long legs - you Brits are funny :lol: :lol: :notworthy::notworthy::thumbs:

>:D<<'> :whistle::lol:

(*runs screaming from this thread*) :o

~ Mel ~

Pearl. I never kill anything . I always catch them and put the outside. My mynah cathing things was just his natural instinct. I drives my DH mad that I wont let him squash a spider. When we were in Cornwall recently, there were a few spiders in our caravan and when we left I caught all of them and put them out because I was worried the next people to stay there would kill them. :rolleyes:

Aww that is so nice >:D<<'>

Ooh I couldnt live in Oz Fran, we would need an industrial sized spider catcher.

When S was planning her gap year (which never actually happened), she decided on NZ rather than Oz. Her reasoning:

NZ has sheep, plus they filmed Lord of the Rings there

Oz has the above mentioned stuff :lol:

i hate spiders years ago when i was married I locked myself in the bathroom by accident (dodgy lock) there was the biggest spider on the wall i screamed and cryed infact i think i had a meltdown! was only in there 10min but seemed like forever hubbie at the time though it was very funny to chase me around with spider in a glass after that he also used to catch them in house put a glass over them and leave them for me to "find"

Ahh he was such a lovely man I dont know why I divorced him haha