Sign in to follow this  
Flora

Final statement

Bill's final statement arrived this morning. It's as bad as it could and even worse than I expected. Incomplete list of needs, incomplete list of dx, completely unrealistic objectives and nothing quantified or qualified to meet them. The cherry on the cake... they named the same school he was at before he went off sick who have already said there was nothing more they could do to help him. No explanation as to why it's 3 weeks late. No explanation as to why they won't name the school we requested.

LOADS of inaccuracies (lies?). Loads of blatant errors. mush, slush, and utter bolleaux.

Thankfully though we can now move forward and get on with the tribunal.

I will probably disappear for a while!

flora

>:D<<'> ..............hope your o.k >:D<<'> ...........take it easy >:D<<'> , the LEA obviously had their spies working overtime :ph34r: and picked the exact right moment to shove the statement through the door :devil: ...just when your a bit icky dicky :sick: from a good old session at the pub :drunk: the previous night.Bless em :whistle: they really do excel at this sort of thing don,t they :rolleyes: .

HUGS SUZEXX

Flozza :(>:D<<'>

I can't understand why they do this :wallbash: . Surely, it's common sense that the amount of time and money that's wasted on completely useless statements, re-writing them and tribunals, it would be more cost effective to get the statements right in the first place.

Oh sorry, I forgot common sense doesn't seem to come into it :wallbash:

Go get 'em :fight: . We're here when you need us.

Annie

xx

Thankfully though we can now move forward and get on with the tribunal.

Flora, huge sympathies >:D<<'> >:D<<'> We're in exactly the same boat as you - just want to get on to the tribunal so we can get some sense. Our situation is that DS2's Statement has been amended, but we now have to put this silly bit of paper into practice. School haven't got a clue. We want a different school.

It's horrible, horrible, horrible, isn't it. No one seems to listen and it's just :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

I'm concentrating now on leaving an extensive paper trail - no phone call goes unnoticed - I'm even thankful when the SEN officer leaves a phone message so I don't have to talk to her, I can email her instead and say 'thank you for your call saying XYZX...' Can only suggest you do the same - I'm sure you are already!

In the meantime, PM me if you like and we can rant together. As Kathryn says, let battle commence!!!

Lizzie xxxxxxx

Edited by BusyLizzie100

Good luck with the tribunal, honestly do not waste time with them going back and forth asking them to make ammendments.

My son's statement was a total piece of rubbish, one tribunal one high-court and at least now we are getting somewhere they have agread all his salt and ot needs that were in reports but we are still not happy with placement.

Back to high-court soon for all parts of statement to be changed (hopefully, wasn't succesful last time only chnages to part 3)then if succesful back to tribunal.

It's a long old battle but don't give up.

Some LA's just think you will back down. >:D<<'> >:D<<'>