Sign in to follow this  
BuntyB

Clothes!

Hi all,

I desperately need to get new clothes for Lucy, but it's really difficult!

She won't pick out clothes or go into town, so I have to bring things from shops that allow you to take them back. Everything has to be plain and brown, green or blue. I used to get away with buying boys clothes but at nearly 12 she's very concious of having girls clothes, but they musn't look girlie!

New look have just started doing organic cotton stuff in plain colours so hoped she might like them, but they don't have them on their website so I can show her.

If I bring clothes she never wants to try them on, and keeps saying she'll do it soon. I generally find them stuffed in a corner several months later, still unworn!

I bought her new school uniform for the start of term and had to smile to myself that she is wearing her sister's old jumper with very chewed and frayed sleeves instead.

I can't find winter pyjamas- anyone know where I can get some that don't have pink, flowers or cute pictures on?

Anyone had any success with getting new clothes (I won't even start on school shoes!!!)

Hi Shona,

Know exactly how you feel - our daughter is 14 now and we've always had loads of difficulties in getting clothes & shoes etc. She is so sensitive about textures as well - up until she was around 12 when she was so little then (fitting into a child of about 8-9yrs) even though it was difficult we could still get velcro fastening, elasticated waists and really comfortable clothes that were easier to alter (she doesn't like anything tight as well). She had a massive growth spurt at about 12 and is now in more like a size 10 adult clothes - which means even though theres a bigger range - the clothes are fitted differently - they make everything for a tight fit and also she's way too short - so everything still has to be altered.

I wont contemplate taking her shopping now as it's just too stressful for both her and us!!! I wouldn't like to say how much we have to fork out to buy things only to take them all back the following week - also use a lot of mail order stuff - but it does get you down.

When she was younger - as soon as I found anything that she liked I'd buy loads in the same size and the next couple of sizes up - but unfortunately she's just grown so much in the last 2 years that I've had to give so much stuff away (where I've doubled up on buying) - still with the tags on.

Take care,

Jb

Guest Lya of the Nox

my dd always luvs charity shop stuff cos she says it worn in and soft?

is that worth a try?

shona,

what if take a photo of the clothes with a mobile phone that has camera,or use a digital camera?

Took my daughter shopping at the beginning of September for new clothes for 6th Form college.

She ended up with 5 possible combinations of outfits, all with trousers, no skirts or dresses.

All black.

Including the hat that she wears every day, even inside the house.

And she's NT.

Edited by Bard

next do an organic range for children... some are plain. they also have a pair of pj's that are velour and chocolate brown..

Hi Paula, I've had a look at the website but can't find the pj's. Did you seem them on there and have you got a link?

Shona

Hi Paula, I've had a look at the website but can't find the pj's. Did you seem them on there and have you got a link?

Shona

http://www.next.co.uk/shot.asp?b=G43&p=442&s=5&n=Children's&pid=373-770-G43&extra=sch&exclude=00S00&ref=http%3a%2f%2fsearch%2enext%2eco%2euk%2fsearch%3fp%3dQ%26ts%3dv2%26w%3dpyjamas%20girls%26srid%3dS5%2d7%26lbc%3dnext%26af%3d%26cnt%3d%26images%3don%26srt%3d24%26isort%3dscore%26method%3dand%26format%3d%26nb%3d%26np%3d

im not sure how to post links so dont know if this will work. they are listed in the nightwear section for girls 3-16 years. they are called 3 piece lounge set...as it is in the nightwear bit i take this to mean pj's.. hope this helps