Sign in to follow this  
BusyLizzie100

bewildered

Hi, had a phone call from one of the independent special schools we were hoping might be able to take DS2, but they feel they can't because his difficulties are too severe and they wouldn't be able to meet his needs.

Then I had notes in his link book from school, which is mainstream, and which we are trying to move him out of, saying he's really happy and integrating perfectly well and everything is just rosy.

I feel a bit bewildered; the one school say he's too severe and the other is bending over backwards to show us how 'normal' he is. I know mainstream is NOT working for him, but it still stings to be told his difficulties are 'too severe'. No one's ever said that about him before, they usually totally underestimate his difficulties!!

Ah well, bring on the tribunal...

Lizzie :unsure:

Hi, had a phone call from one of the independent special schools we were hoping might be able to take DS2, but they feel they can't because his difficulties are too severe and they wouldn't be able to meet his needs.

Then I had notes in his link book from school, which is mainstream, and which we are trying to move him out of, saying he's really happy and integrating perfectly well and everything is just rosy.

I feel a bit bewildered; the one school say he's too severe and the other is bending over backwards to show us how 'normal' he is. I know mainstream is NOT working for him, but it still stings to be told his difficulties are 'too severe'. No one's ever said that about him before, they usually totally underestimate his difficulties!!

Ah well, bring on the tribunal...

Lizzie :unsure:

Why do they do that. Do you think they see it as a reflection on their teaching abilities - so they can't say he's having difficulties as it might appear their fault. I know my ds class teacher says every thing's fine and rosy and I just know it isn't by what he tells me and what I have witnessed. There has to be some agenda to what they say.

So sorry - it must have hurt you to hear those words "too severe". >:D<<'>

Independent schools can tell the truth - they see no point in taking children whose needs they cannot meet - they can easily fill their places with children whose needs they can meet.

Mainstream schools have lots of hidden agendas and pressures from the LEA.

Independent schools can tell the truth - they see no point in taking children whose needs they cannot meet - they can easily fill their places with children whose needs they can meet.

Mainstream schools have lots of hidden agendas and pressures from the LEA.

totally agree - with this - That has been our findings....

LEA have a lot to answer for

rant short and over.... :rolleyes: