Cariad

Back from Disneyland Paris

The kids had a great time, DS was evern good travelling the 12 hours there!! He was instantly drawn to the buzzlight year ride, we had to go on that 3 times!, also he wanted to go into the two arcades :unsure: There were a few meltdowns from the DS when it was time to go though and a few stares :wallbash:

Basically a success, the food was awful though, I had to have omlette burgers all of the time and the kids loved the "junk" food! Also the pizzas had enough herbs and pesto on them to put the kids off eating them too..

hi cariad,we go next wednesday with my wee lad.and i hope we all enjoy things ,i hadnt even thought about the food but hey ho, louis will be fine as long as he can get chips.louis is 10 i think we will head straight to the buzz light year ride.did you bother going to the town hall to get the fast card?glad things went well pet love noogsy

Just read your post noogsy and I was going to ask Cariad the same thing, about getting a pass at the town Hall.

We go for new year so would like to be prepared. we have visited a few times before but this was prior to M being diagnosed so didn't get a pass. Kids are really looking forward to it although i feel stressed just thinking about how stressed M will be with all those people about!!! Having said that he will say he had a lovely time.

Glad your trip went ok.

mum22boys

The kids had a great time, DS was evern good travelling the 12 hours there!! He was instantly drawn to the buzzlight year ride, we had to go on that 3 times!, also he wanted to go into the two arcades :unsure: There were a few meltdowns from the DS when it was time to go though and a few stares :wallbash:

Basically a success, the food was awful though, I had to have omlette burgers all of the time and the kids loved the "junk" food! Also the pizzas had enough herbs and pesto on them to put the kids off eating them too..

how did he manage the queues, my son has no patience for those,and he enjoys the thing he had a go on, we won,t get off :rolleyes: thats what happened at our local firestation do, he loved the blowup shute and would get off :whistle: he kept going around the bodies blocking his way until i was able to catch hold of him and drag him off to try something else :rolleyes: I think i am getting a better at copeing with the stares more now than i did, i shut the gawpers out of my mind and focus on melting son.

We did get fast passes, while we were waiting for the time for our fast pass we went on a ride with a smaller queue, or we got them an ice cream or timed it for dinner/tea time so they would be eating instead of hanging around.

There are LOADS of chips and burgers and pizzas there so I think noogsy the kids will be happy!

It is worth taking them, I did find the DS did "Zone out" when it got too noisy and concentrate on ants on the floor, and a fly:lol:

We were there for 4 days, I think that was long enough for my sanity at least!! Also go to the MGM studios, I liked it more than the park side of Disneyland Paris.

Im pleased you had a good time. My son (22) loves it and copes brilliantly. Weve never done the disabled pass thing, you can get fast passes at the entrance to rides which give you a designated slot to return. To be honest the lines move constantly and during parades etc the rides are empty. Try and have lunch early because restaurants become packed at around 1 ish.

My son is 22, severely autistic and non verbal and he thoroughly enjoys it. We choose quiet times of year and avoid Saturdays. We are hoping to go next year when the Tower Of Terror opens (I wont be on it!)

Buttin' in but when we went last year we got the Disabled Pass from the Town Hall which was worth its weight in gold. We didn't use it all the time, if teh queues were short enough for DS to manage we queued as didn't want to abuse it plus too many rides in quick sucession =overlaod adn queueing let him chill but for when the queues were long it was great. DS found the noise and hubbub hard but we took his ear defenders which made a massive difference and hired a pushchair which he hid in whenever he wanted to zone out. He had a great time, loved the Buzz ride too as well as anything that span! Food was a bit pants too, not a patch on WDW. Best place we found was a restaurant that did a buffet near the castle, make sure you prebook though, long queues

Lx