Sign in to follow this  
paulathomson

big meeting today... positive

well i went to the big meeting that was set up today and it was generally a positive outcome. another review meeting with all the same people will take place in dec.

i wouldnt have done it though without this forum.. you have all been brilliant and also the pinned items have informed me greatly of things i would never have known..and not likely to have been told by school.

my ds has not got an iep..which is being modified after todays meeting and the headteacher is looking into sensory issues he has- lights and noise. i am making him a stress ball which he can pick at till his heart is content..it will be his fave materials...fur... which might help to soothe him if he gets anxious too. the school have allowed this.

they are helping him with salt, writing and dealing with social issues. he has 1-2-1 social skills and will be soon beginning with story boarding and social stories to help in this are and also his anxieties too.

one of the mian things i wanted to raise i totally forgot until i get home and i really wanted it on his iep now. he has difficulty following instructions sometimes which is disputed by different teachers..i wanted to ask if they can break instructions down into smaller chunks..

i think im best not upsetting the applecart at the moment and maybe would be better if i wait until dec. meeting...even though i really wanted it now..

still thanks to everyone who has offered me advice..

paula.x

I dont think you should be afraid to mention the difficulty following instructions, I certainly wouldnt leave it until dec - did someone do the minutes, if not write up what was agreed so you have a record.Then you can check them off at the meeting in dec.

yes the senco teacher took minutes and when i get a copy i will be keeping a very close eye on how and when they are implementing the proposals. i have got parents evening tomorrow too so might mention the instructions bit to teacher then.

Hello Paule just got onto this site, taken me days, not computer minded. I have a son 14yrs, just got him into a special school, he has Aspergers with co morbids, IEP a nightmare, getting him statemented took us 7yrs. He now is fully statemented and we still battle with IEP's

Pleased to hear your meeting was posative. Bigmo B)