callum

moving schools

callum >:D<<'>

You werent that happy at the old one if I remember correctly, so try & see it as a good move. Its scary though isnt it?

Would it be worth you & your mum going to see the Senco about your Aspergers to see if they can ease things for you?

hi callum,

my son is 9 and we are in the military.. so we move around alot. my son is so used to moving around and moving schools that i think he likes it now (as long as everything else in his life remains the same). he always asks when our next move is and says he cant wait to see what his new school looks like and meet new friends.

the nice thing about moving is that you do make new friends aswell as keeping the friends you leave behind.

Guest Lya of the Nox

make a list of all the things you need to be in certain ways at schoool

and then they have a good idea of how to support you best

good luck

x

Good luck Callum!

It is scary moving schools, but it can also be good. You get to make a new start. You're not happy at your current school anyway, are you? Hopefully the new one will be better.

Just be yourself and take one day at a time. It will be OK.

Maybe you and your mum could work on a short document about you and your Asperger's, and some things they can do to help you. Just 1 side of A4 would be good, then the teachers will definitely have time to read it.

When is the move?

I moved schools at 10 and 16, and I survived! At 16 it was my choice, and turned out to be a really good decision. (I also changed from middle to secondary school at 12, but everyone does that, well, they do that at 11 these days, but they still all do it.) My mum told me to ask new people questions about themselves when I met them for the first time. Maybe you could think of some questions you could ask people about music or football.

Edited by Tally

Hope it goes ok Callum. I had alot of schools......at least one every 2 years.........had 3 in my final year at school :wacko: It can be so scary >:D<<'> If you weren't happy at your previous school, this could be a fresh start for you :thumbs: