Sign in to follow this  
Tally

A Voice From the Dustbin

I went to put my rubbish out last night and there was one small bag right down the bottom of the bin that I couldn't quite reach. I stretched and stretched and then the dustbin lid fell shut onto the back of my head. I was so close to reaching the bag though, that I decided to carry on and try to reach it. At this point my nextdoor neighbour walked by with his own rubbish and asked if I was alright. Without thinking to get out of the dustbin, I replied, "fine thanks, you?"

A couple of hours had passed before I realised how strange this might have looked :whistle:

That's kind of what it was like, Summertime, and it was only afterwards I considered how funny it might have looked from outside of the bin.

Except my feet were still on the floor. I think that would have been the answer though, then I could have leaned further in and reached the bag!

I once fell into a chest freezer, feet and all.

That was scary! :tearful:

I avoid the chest freezer counters in supermarkets as I'm short and have this fear of falling in. Not such an irrational fear perhaps.

I avoid the chest freezer counters in supermarkets as I'm short and have this fear of falling in. Not such an irrational fear perhaps.

I'd be very wary, they are an underrated threat to the height-disadvantaged.

And the humiliation factor is off the scale!

I'm 5'1" but now both B and G are taller than me I encourage them to deal with the challenge instead.