llisa32

A positive week.....

Hi,

Just thought I'd share the good week J had at school this week - 5 whole days of getting to school on time or early and with no refusing to go (slight blip this morning, but resolved and we still got there in time!)

School have made a few changes/adjustments which I think have all helped.

J requested that he move desks a couple of days before half term saying the boy beside him was 'too noisy' - we're not altogether sure what he meant by noisy, but now he has a desk on the side of the room , facing the wall and a very comfy chair and he loves it!! - he has to turn to his side to face the teacher or whiteboard, but when working faces the wall with no one either side of him. I was a bit worried when I first saw his desk as I didn't know he'd asked to move, but he chose where to sit so he obviously happy with the position. :thumbs:

2nd thing this week was he was made a classroom monitor on Monday and was asked to pick out his own partner - he's had some very positive comments in his diary about how 'helpful' he's been. >:D<<'> He also got some positve comments about ' trying really hard with english' :thumbs:

3rd thing!! - all of his class have been given older students as 'mentors'! - something which I'd asked for back at beginning of Sept...theory being they have an older 'friend' who can look out for them, or they can go to with anything they might perhaps not want to speak to teacher about. :thumbs:

I'm really pleased with all of these things and they seem to have made a difference to J's outlook at moment re school so all good stuff!!

That sounds great Lisa, well done J, bless him, just goes to show how far a little bit of support and understanding goes. I think its fab the monitor thing, obviuosly worked well and the praise will do him wonders with self esteem and confidence. Long may it last.

Clare x x x