Cariad

Feeling overwhelmed

A bit of a self pity post but everything is really getting on top of me and worrying me. My DS and his school is worrying me, he is in a school (the ASD part) but he mixes with other children with severe emotional issues and has been spat at and hit on a number of occasions.

Now in the paper his school kicked one of the kids off the bus for bad behaviour (she has emotional difficulties and has punched my DS a number of times in the face in a rage, she hasn't got ASD), she had to make her own way back to the school she is 12. I'm worried about this placement for him, one hand he has grown up overnight and improved, but the other part of the school is frightening, he isn't like the other pupils.

Another thing is after a week off at home my nerves are in tatters, I have to tip toe around him and his moods and obsessions, I wake up and worry for his future, worry who will look after him when we are gone.

Sorry for my depressing dreary post, I've woken up feeling quite down.

Sorry youre feeling so down today, my son also went to a school which had some really bad kids in it, so l know where you are coming from, mind you Nick can be pretty bad himself!!!I can totaly sympathise with you about moods and obbsessions we are forever walking on eggshells around Nick so that we dont upset him. I have made a decision today that l must not give all my time and energy to Nick, my middle son has just given me a grandaughter and he needs my support as well at the moment, sometimes l think we all give so much to our asd kids we forget about everyone else. Sorry l am rambling on here!! Just wanted to say you are not alone, cheer up, have some time out if you can, im sure things will seem better tommorow. >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Thanks both, Soraya I think you have the right attitude. I have two girls as well and alot of time does go on the DS and they get left behind sometimes. I think once I've done the ironing I'll feel like I've achieved something and stop wallowing :rolleyes: , it doesn't help that outside it's all dark and wet, will crack on, thanks again x

Thanks again, DS came home from school less than happy about a teacher calling him a muppet and putting paint on his face. I'll give them a ring tomorrow to see whats up.

Oh no!

It must be worse as it's a new school and all of your hopes have been so (understandably) high.

I've be fuming if my son was called a muppet and regular physical assaults is worrying, hope you get them sorted!

Cariad,

Its no wonder you are feeling so down, I think I would arrange a meeting with the school pretty sharpish.

I hope you get things sorted and pleased don't be hard on yourself.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x x x

Edited by Clare63