Sign in to follow this  
Nic m

Met with Headteacher today

Hi all,

I thought i would share my good day with you all.

Things have been difficult for the past few weeks in my household (bear with me) and this has forced me to make some changes.

I have found a project who can act as an advocate for my dd. Woohoo

I met with the headteacher today of my daughters new school and it was great, i explained the difficulties with homework and the struggles she has been having feeling the pressure to keep up, and guess what?

She agreed to make some changes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHE HAS AGREED TO USE OF AN ALPHA SMART FOR WRITTEN WORK THAT CAN ALSO BE BROUGHT HOME FOR HOMEWORK!!!

She has also agreed to look into other IT supports and has reassured me she will be supportive of my dd's needs and will speak to the class teacher about not putting pressure on my dd to complete homework.She has agreed to further meetings to discuss any new developments and will distribute the literature i handed in to the school today on HMS.

She said she has no concerns about doing this and will base her judgements on her findings and not what the previous school has reported.

If i wish to, i can give her regular e-mails regarding homework or health changes.

At the end of the meeting she said .......... do not give up, it is important to fight for your child!

I could have kissed her, instead i walked out grinning like a cheshire cat!

Tonight my wonderful daughter comes home as my happy girl and said, guess what mum, i did not get into trouble today for not doing my homework!

We had a nice night and she managed her math homework with no pressure on her.

She is now sleeping like a baby, and i am going to bed feeling very happy indeed!

This is how it should be, isn't it.

Nicola, x

>:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Oh yes, that's EXACTLY how it should be!

Sounds like a promising beginning for you all. :thumbs:

I could have kissed her, instead i walked out grinning like a cheshire cat!

Excellent :thumbs::clap::groupwave::clap::thumbs:

Now have you stopped grinning like a Cheshire Cat? Doing that for too long will give you jaw ache!! :D

Thank-you everyone,

it is great my dd got up today no problem and there was not one cross word!

Mumble, i have been really happy today, and guess what it is contagious, i have booked a hair appt and i have organised my ex mum in law to watch dd on sat night.

I am going out, glasgow on a sat with all the tartan army in full swing woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nic

Quick update,

the class teacher has spoken to my dd about alphasmart already and asked her if she wants to use one and to make sure to say if she is sore!

I think i am dreaming, how fab.

Nicola

Hi Nic,

Great news all sounds very positive and sounds like you have a fab head teacher there.

Enjoy your Saturday night out with your new hair do......and don't forget to tell us all about on Monday !!!

Keep smiling :thumbs:

Clare x x x