loobylou2

Hello!

Just thought I would say hello and introduce myelf! I am 32 and married with 2 girls aged 11 and nearly 14. my eldest has recently been diagnosed with aspergers and bipolar. She is in mainstream school and also in the top sets of her year. she started to do gcse work this year as the normal work was too easy! She lobes school but can't cope with the other pupils, finds it hard to understand when they are just messing about seems to think they are all out to get her. this is all very new to us, but when we look back over the years there were so many pointers to aspergers that noone picked up on. anyway will stop rambling now!

Hi Loobylou2 Welcome to the forum.I have Ben [age9] who has DCD and Social Communication difficulties.Ben was also picked up late because he too is bright and I think he was seen as intelligent with an attitude problem. >:D<<'> I didn't see any rambling.Karen.

Hello Louby >:D<<'>

Welcome to the forum. I have 3 boys my eldest is 7 and has an autistic spectrum diagnosis. There are lots of other people on here whose children are in high school its a great place for advice and friends. >:D<<'>

Brooke

Hi and welcome Louby, >:D<<'>

My son is 8 and has a dx of aspergers only last month, he too is bright which is why it wasn't picked up on earlier and he also has adhd.

The guys on here are lovely and really helpfull :thumbs:

:thumbs: Thanks everyone! It can be really hard cos my daughter looks like all the other kids so its hard for people to understand why she behaves funny sometimes. She finds it really hard to have friends over and in her personal space yet went to germany with the school last year and loved it. why is it that the things we expect them to cope with turn out to be really hard and the things that should be hard they find easy? I think we should all write books on childrearing would teach the 'experts' a thing or two!

Loobylou

Hi Loubylou,

Welcome to the forum, I have a 12 yr old son with aspergers only diagnosed this year, I think as children attend secondary education their differences become more noticeable and they do not cope as well in the senior environment.

I hope you find this forum as wonderful as I do.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x x x

Guest Lya of the Nox

hi and welcome

i have a daughter with asd who posts here too

she was diagnosed just after her 11 birthday

tis a cool place

x

>:D<<'> Hello and welcome

I have 2 boys aged 6 and 8. O, the youngest has classic Kanners autism/SLD etc etc! This is a great forum, very friendly and supportive

Elun xx

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Hiya looby

reconised the name..........

Its me PAW from you know where

Glad you found this place ok.Its great isnt it for information and talking to other parents in the same boat.

I hope you find it usefull.

PAW/paula