ScienceGeek

Ouch!

An ex-acquaintance (can't really call friend, don't have many of those), threw some nasty comments my way in an email. Apparently conversing with me was a chore as the conversations tended to be one-sided and the subject always went to me and my latest obsession. According to this ex-acquaintance I don't care about anyone else and everything is about me. My hugs have no feeling in them, well sorry if I felt really awkward and don't know how to react to people, sorry I don't get subtle hints. There was a whole lot more, but I just can't be bothered to type it all up, I'm sure I'll over analyse this later when I'm supposed to be sleeping. People :wallbash:

Well there you go you answered it yourself "ex - acquaintence" !!

True friends don't make nasty comments but are supportive and understanding, that why I think you find that most people including me only really have a very few real friends.

Don't let it get to you.

You communciate very well on here and are a pleasure to have around.

Clare x x x

You are not alone you know. Does not matter who or what you are there are plently of nasty, selfish people out there, whom I'll never understand.

There are a couple of threads in the post adolescent section on being married to an Aspie, where several of us discussed all the positives about such a partnership, as well as some of the less easy areas!

Don't over analyse, consider why this person is an ex-aquaintance and move on. When I first met my OH, it was the level of knowledge that he had about music and art that attracted me. The fact that he wasn't used to being hugged...intrigued me! :devil:

>:D<<'>

' This above all: to thine own self be true,

And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any man.'

I can count my true freinds on one hand...

other people i know seem to think if you have 1100 people in ur email/my space / facebook then and only then are you populaur

what a load of rubbish my mates have been there to see me cry laugh get fat get to skinny tell me i look like c**p,

i have many ex - acquaintences who i thought were freinds unil i got to the point that i was fed up of having to be someone else to satisfy a so called mate,

the point (sorrry long winded!) i am trying to make is you are you - your freinds accept you for you mine know i ramble on and always ask me for the short version but know i mean no harm and would do anything for them hope we can be mates!! x x x Lyn x x x

i do take things too heart too much so i understand how you feel,i thought it was a nasty email and you are so much better off without this so called friend in your life >:D<<'>

I often feel extremely lonely and isolated but I do seem to have one friend at the moment. I'm not great at friendship. Try to put it behind you >:D<<'>