JenRose

im absolutely distraught

he has just phoned me, he says upon reading her file and speaking to the ed psych he is retracting his dx cos the ed psych doesnt see ANY signs of ASD.

so i said do you think we are making it up re her symptoms and he said no but she needs more monitoring from the other hospital.

how unprofessional is he.

i dont know what to do :tearful:

I'm new to this forum so I don't know your previous details but I did have an educational psycologist question my son's diagnosis once (Her Boss was part of the team who made the diagnosis!) I used the book by Lorna Wing 'The Autistic Spectrum' and showed her which groups my son fitted into (there are various sub sections, the aloof group,passive group, active but odd ect). I also highlighted illustrations throughout the book that demonstrated that my son had asd. I've found it is always useful to take information with you to meetings because it shows you've done some research and probably know what your talking about.

Good Luck

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> I am very sorry JenRose and I am not suprised you are distraught.The last few days have been a rollercoaster.

I never thought for one momment that the Dx might be retracted.

It really surprises me that a Dx was made without the paediatrician having read her file and consulted with the Psychologist first. :wallbash::wallbash:

Usually a patient has a right to a second opinion.However if your child is being referred to the other hospital then that may well be the only option for a second opinion anyway.I am frustrated for you.

We will need to decide at some point whether to ask for Ben to be referred for further assessment to obtain a decision re AS Diagnosis- But at least we never had a Diagnosis because the Psychiatrist was not happy to Dx.You must be utterly confused.Karen.

Awwwwww Jenrose, I am so sorry how apalling noone should not be allowed to give a DX unless they have dotted all their i's and crossed all their t's. I can't begin to imagin how you must be feeling, its no wonder you feel so distraught. You really ought to seek a second opinion when you feel up to it.

My heart goes out to you.

>:D<<'> >:D<<'> >:D<<'>

Clare x x x

ive calmed down a bit now.

i dont understand how he can dx the presence of an ASD one day and withdraw it the next, he actually said to me and dave on tuesday when explaining

his reasons that you are either on it or you are not, so has she been automatically been "cured" of ASD in 2 days then?

There is going to be the biggest complaint letter ever going to his boss.

so, he has dx,d her, discharged her, changed his mind and said its up to the other hospital now.

my mum said to me that it sounds like there has been some politics going on in the background to make him do this so sudden.

we are going to get the private psych who dx,d mike to asess Rosie as i have no doubt that the other hospital will agree with him as

the Ed Psych is connected to them, so its looking like another long hard fight, im seriously considering home edding rosie cos i dont think i can

go through this again, i cant let them fail another child of mine.

We had an Educational Psycologist question our sons dx. Thankfully our Consultant hit the roof and there was a huge who har the ripples of which were quite far reaching. An educational psycologist is not qualified to diagnose ASD, although I know that many areas now have a team approach to diagnosis. BUT that team approach (multi diagnostic assessment team) sit round a table together BEFORE they a parent is told yes your child has and ASD so that they can not later say ON THEY DON'T.

This is quite dreadful and you have every right to complain.

Cat

thing is they did this a year ago.

the detailed report that we have states that r has echolalic speech,lack of imaginative play,restricted and repetetive behaviour and these are indications of

an ASD but fiurther time will be need to clarify the dx.

well theyve had a year and now due to the ed psychs report they are withdrawing.

ive drafted my letter and sent it to our private psych and he is looking over it, he cannot believe what has happened.