some supermarkets

u can get it ready sticky

we use it at work for choosing boards

good luck

x

I've even found it in pound shops!

DIY stores.

A x

I have edited this post to remove the name of specific store in line with Forum rules.Karen.

Edited by Karen A

Viper I have removed this link as it is a direct link to a commercial site.However you can always pm with the information if you want to.

With my moderator hat on can I please ask others responding to this request who wish to name specific shops or web sites to pm rather than posting them.Thanks Karen.

Edited by Karen A

Viper I have removed this link as it is a direct link to a commercial site.However you can always pm with the information if you want to.

With my moderator hat on can I please ask others responding to this request who wish to name specific shops or web sites to pm rather than posting them.Thanks Karen.

Sorry Karen. Didn't know that wasn't allowed. :rolleyes:

Will PM in fiture. :thumbs:

Independent outlets that sell curtains usually stock velcro. Alternatively, there is the well known department store that is never knowingly undersold that also sells velcro in their fabric section. It's quite easy to find and it comes in two strip formats - the side to be stuck to and the side that is to be stuck! I believe it also comes in different strengths of 'stickiness'.

I've used ebay on several occasions now - I have both strips and dots which are sticky both sides. Great stuff!

Shamu

;)

Edited by shamu

Quick word of warning when using velcro, I used the very heavy duty type (for hanging tools ect according to the ads) for fixing up net curtains (a friend had sewn velcro on one side for me). My daughter managed to partially remove it from the wall and wrap it around her head ! I came into her bedroom one morning to find her hanging from the window sill and had to cut it out of her hair! (Funny from a visual point of view now but scary at the time).

A high street store that sells toys as well as house-hold items, beginning with W.

Another word of warning - only use one set of scissors for cutting it, preferably a pair that you don't mind not being able to use for anything else. The sticky stuff comes off onto the scissors and makes it impossible to cut other things easily... forever more. It's not easy to clean off either. I have gone through 4 pairs of scissors at school for this very reason, and now keep a "velcro-pair" in my bag.